Business Intelligence Analyst
Company: Lancaster General Health
Posted on: November 11, 2019
CompanyLancaster General HospitalCost Center2532
OrganizationBi-AdministrationGradeX09SummaryThis position is
located in Lancaster, PAHOURS: Full Time 40hs/week; Day
ShiftPOSITION SUMMARY: The Business Intelligence Analyst is
responsible for providing analytic support to system wide projects
in order to display the value of analytics as well as how to
leverage systems technology in supporting the business.? Utilizes
analytic methodologies and approaches to address a broad range of
issues, executes analyses in a timely, accurate, and reliable
manner, communicates findings clearly to diverse stakeholders and
documents work for training and replication purposes.? Works
closely with all levels of staff and customers to determine
analytic needs and requirements in order to identify opportunities
for performance improvement and automation.? Responsible for
maintaining development standards for the reporting services team,
and meeting the reporting needs generated by clinical and revenue
end users of the Epic Integrated Health System.?ESSENTIAL
FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or
without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Creates design specifications for analytics based on customer
requests in order to provide actionable insight to accelerate
growth and provide efficient, quality care.
- Aggregates data from disparate sources in order to provide
analytics in meaningful ways to the end users in order to drive
- Conducts independent analysis, using statistical methods where
appropriate, and clearly summarizes findings and recommendations
for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Identifies and recommends new analytic opportunities.
- Analyzes technology trends to identify markets for future
development and to improve existing products.
- Maintains knowledge of data warehouse structure and
- Translates project specific analysis into ongoing, automated
reporting tools including specification preparation, design,
testing, validation, analysis and merging data from various source
- Develops a strong understanding of the source applications,
processes and systems involved in creating and maintain specific
detail-oriented reports/dashboards from assigned systems.
- Conceptualizes and recommends additional data, databases and
reports for process reliability improvement initiatives and system
quality reporting.? Gauges the effectiveness and efficiency of
existing reports and systems.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff to exchange
information, ideas, and respond to inquiries.
- Maintains an inventory of existing and needed reports along
with data dictionaries.
- Maintains and nurture relationships with key customers.
- Interfaces with clients to define report deliverables, issues,
questions, needs, trends, and timing.
- Continues to pursue professional development in order to stay
abreast of best practice.
- Research and recommend healthcare data management industry
strategies and software tools available to implement those
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position
- Other duties as assigned.JOB REQUIREMENTSMINIMUM REQUIRED
- High school diploma
- Bachelor?s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration
or Health Information Management or approved equivalent combination
of education and experience
- Epic Certifications as required by Information Services to
support the application.? Certification will be offered and
provided by LGH and must be obtained within 6 months of role entry
and within three (3) exam attempts.
- ?Minimum of two (2) years of experience in data mining and
analytics or relative database management in systems such as SQL
- Demonstrated knowledge of data structures and relationships
used in reporting historical trends, current
opportunities/problems, and future direction.
- Knowledge of enterprise?s data and decision-making
- Technically proficient across a range of computing platforms,
languages, and applications.
- Sound knowledge of SQL and data extraction methodologies.
- Extensive knowledge of reporting and dashboarding programs such
as Crystal Reports and Business Objects.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with relational database
concepts and query tools.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possession of sharp teamwork/partnering skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare,
Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs,
i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any
other federal or state health insurance program.PREFERRED
- Epic Report Writer Certification(s).
- Experience in healthcare and medical terminology.
- Experience in statistical data analysis.
- Extensive professional experience Epic applications and
- Basic knowledge of business intelligence/data warehousing
Keywords: Lancaster General Health, Lancaster , Business Intelligence Analyst, Professions , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!