Supply Handler (3rd-shift)
Company: Lancaster General Health
Posted on: November 11, 2019
CompanyLancaster General HospitalCost CenterSupervisory
OrganizationSupply Chain & LogisticsGradeSummaryPOSITION SUMMARY:
Performs related functions toward maintaining a perpetual
inventory, including receiving and shipping of products. Maintains,
distributes and assists with supplies and patient care equipment as
required, fills supply and patient care orders as required.
Performs duties to support the goals and objectives of the
Lancaster General Health System and provides operational support
that includes supply and inventory control, patient care equipment
preparation and processing.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified
individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable
accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Disembarks and receives incoming freight, verifies product
received. ?Accurately warehouses in-coming stock and equipment in
assigned location.? Accurately documents receiving information in
Materials Management Information System (MMIS).
- Inventories departmental stock and equipment locations
utilizing hand held device or other tools, determines quantity to
be replenished, generates a pick ticket and allocates in MMIS.
- Delivers stock and equipment to departments and replenishes par
locations. Keeps par locations clean, systematically organized and
within storage standards.
- Identifies trend in supply and equipment usage for departments
and collaborates with department resource team leader to ensure PAR
levels are appropriate for assigned locations.
- Delivers inventory, non-inventory, special / urgent need supply
orders, carts and equipment to appropriate department.? Unloads
supplies and equipment in an orderly fashion.? Obtains delivery
confirmation signatures where applicable.
- Upon notification of product or equipment recalls, investigates
all inventory locations for effected items.? Removes items, and
replaces with unaffected items.? Stages effected items for return
- Accurately utilizes MMIS, Lawson, ehealth and/or Censitrac
applications where appropriate for supply and equipment
- Removes boxes, packaging materials and other debris from the
department and service areas to maintain a safe, clean and orderly
- Assesses stock expiration dates and pulls product from
inventory as appropriate. Rotates stock in assigned locations.
- Communicates with customers to assist in resolving departmental
supply and equipment issues and concerns.
- Accurately pulls department order from storeroom or patient
care equipment inventory. ?
- Performs cycle counting and other inventory control processes
as assigned.SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are
considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Reports discrepancies, problems and concerns to management
using proper chain of command.
- Demonstrates all computer applications accurately; consistently
follows tracking system procedures for equipment tracking.
- Maintains, delivers, and collects patient care equipment to and
from the requesting departments.
- Replenishes patient care carts upon receipt of delivery to
department, maintains ehealth ordering system for patient care
supplies, credits and charges are complete and accurate.
- Cleans and processes soiled equipment from healthcare units and
stages for reuse.
- Places repair items in appropriate area and ensures loaner
items are available as required.
- Prepares shipping labels, packs and ships outbound materials.
- Assigns and affixes asset tags when appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.JOB REQUIREMENTSMINIMUM REQUIRED
- High School Diploma or general equivalency (GED)
- One (1) year experience in material handling and warehouse
- One (1) year experience in customer service or support
- Basic computer skillsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Three (3) years? experience in a storeroom or warehouse
- Three (3) years? experience in medical supply or patient care
- Proficiency in inventory software and supply chain systems
- Advanced computer skillsCOGNITIVE
REQUIREMENTSAttention/Concentration: The following level of ability
is essential for the jobholder to focus on certain aspects of
current experience and reject others.The position requires the
ability to attend to more than one aspect of a situation
simultaneously.? It is highly likely that multiple task demands are
going to be required of the individual at the same time.New
Learning and Memory: The following level of ability is essential
for the jobholder to learn and retain material.A large portion of
this position required reliance on verbal memory and new learning.?
Efficiency in processing of verbal information, either in written
or spoken form, is a major requirement and prerequisite of the
job.? The individual must be able to attend to and process multiple
bits of information simultaneously.? The individual must be able to
organize and categorize this information effectively so that later
recall is feasible.Problem Solving, Reasoning and Creative
Thinking: The following level of ability that is essential for the
jobholder to think (in order to solve a problem) by combining two
or more elements from past experience or imaginative thought.The
position deals with issues or problems that often require
thoughtful reasoning before arriving at approaches or solutions.?
Some independent thought, planning or origination of options and
solutions is necessary.? The individual must have the ability to
apply principles of reasoning and problem solving to resolve
practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in
situations where only limited standardization exists.APTITUDES:?
The following are essential requirements of the position in
relation to job-worker situations.? These items describe how a
worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act.Repetitive work: Ability
to continuously perform the same type of work for extended periods
of time, according to set procedures, sequence or pace.Performing
under stressful conditions: Ability to perform under stress when
confronted with emergency, critical, unusual, or dangerous
situations, or in situations in which working speed and sustained
attention are critical aspects of the job. Is subject to danger or
risk, or to tension as a regular, consistent part of the
job.Variety and change: Ability to perform a variety of duties,
often changing from one task to another of a different nature
without loss of efficiency or composure involving significant
differences in technologies, techniques, procedures, environmental
factors, physical demands, or work situations.Communication:?
Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely;
to present ideas, facts and technical information.Interpersonal
relations: Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task
accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize
needs and be sensitive of others.EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office
Supplies, manual and/or electric pallet jack, hand truck, carts,
handheld ordering device, cart washer, computer tracking system,
hammer, screwdriver, pliers, utility knifeSoftware: Microsoft
Office Products, Lawson Materials System, Censitrac, equipment
tracking system, Hospital Information Systems, MS Office,
ehealthPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTSRarely 0-10%; Occasionally 11-35%;
Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%Body Position/Movement:
- Sit: Rarely
- Stand: Continuously
- Walk: Continuously
- Bend: Frequently
- Push:? Continuously
- Pull:? Continuously
- Kneel/Squat:? Occasionally
- Reach:? Continuously
- Twist: Occasionally
- Balance: Frequently
- Climb: ContinuouslyLifting: Degree of physical exertion is:
Heavy, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to
20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force
constantly to move objects.Sensory Abilities specifically required:
- Touch/FeelingPHYSICAL ENVIRONMENTWORKING CONDITIONS: Position
involves exposure to the following harmful elements:
- Bio hazardous Waste
- Blood borne Pathogens
- Extreme Noise Levels
- Extreme Temperatures
- Exposed Electrical Lines
- High Pressure Steam/Gas
- Moving/Rotating Machinery
- Radioactive AgentsDisclaimer: This job description is not
intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of
all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions
associated with the job.? It is intended to be a reflection of
those principal job elements essential for recruitment and
selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing
performance standards.? The percentages of time spent performing
job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute.?
The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be
cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of
management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this
job in part or in whole.? Incumbent must be able to perform all job
Keywords: Lancaster General Health, Lancaster , Supply Handler (3rd-shift), Professions , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!