Application Analyst - Revenue Cycle
Company: Lancaster General Health
Posted on: November 11, 2019
CompanyLancaster General HospitalCost Center2518 IS Revenue
CycleSupervisory Organizatione-Health Operations- Revenue
CycleGradeX08SummaryThis position is located in Lancaster, PaHOURS:
Full Time 40hrs/wk - Day ShiftPOSITION SUMMARY: The Applications
Analyst works extensively with project teams and their department
in the transformation and improvement of revenue cycle processes
and workflows for use with Epic and other revenue cycle
applications.? Understands the processes and operational
environments and advocates for effective use of e-Health technology
to improve the revenue cycle through high quality, cost effective
solutions.? Acts as a liaison between the departments and
Information Services.? Assists in the development of re-engineered
best practice workflow processes and identifies system integration
and optimization that provides the greatest technological benefit
to the department.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must
have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to
perform the following duties:
- Utilizes expertise to design, build, install, modify and test
Epic application software to support and optimize operational work
processes.? Keep abreast of current technology, software and
hardware and promote change processes.? Analyzes functionality and
tests new releases to determine best use by end users; investigates
preferred choices of end users.
- Provides problem solving, troubleshooting, and code debugging
of simple and intermediate issues at the technical and application
levels.? Identifies root-cause and recommends changes.? Escalates
complex issues as necessary.? Understands integration between
various Epic modules and integration with other applications.
- Interacts with users to assure system is operating and
performing according to specifications.? Collaborates with other
Applications Analysts, IT, the vendor, department staff, and other
team members to provide technical and clinical support.
- Adheres to LG Health technology, coding, and naming convention
standards, as well as change control process and procedures.
- Assists with defining and documenting user requirements and
system scope.? Reviews and collects information regarding potential
- Recommends best practice workflows and develops business plans
for automating and optimizing processes that transform and improve
clinical care and patient safety.
- Maintains and deploys understanding of system development and
project management methodologies in assessment, planning, design,
workflow analysis, timelines, and testing, during implementation,
optimization and ongoing operations.
- Executes assigned tasks in the project plan for the
installation of hardware, software, networks, physical site,
training environments and test environments for the initial and
subsequent implementation of Epic modules.? ?
- Maintains current Epic certification.
- Analyzes data conversion needs and ensures that data coming
across interfaces into Epic applications meets business
- Provides assistance in the budget process for assigned
- Other duties as assigned.MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or general equivalent (GED)
- Bachelor?s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration
or Engineering; or a Science degree with an orientation toward
automation and process improvement; or approved equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Epic Certifications as required by Information Services to
support the application.? Certification will be offered and
provided by LGH and must be obtained within 6 months of role entry
and within three (3) exam attempts.
- Three (3) years operations experience in the revenue cycle area
assigned to support or three (3) years of experience in an
Applications Analyst, or similar role, supporting a revenue cycle
- Technical aptitude for information services technology in
environment being supported (revenue cycle).
- Effective interpersonal written and verbal communication
- Two (2) years experience as an Epic Applications Analyst.
- Project management and process improvement training.
- Two (2) years supporting or maintaining a system application,
providing direct user support and application testing.
Keywords: Lancaster General Health, Lancaster , Application Analyst - Revenue Cycle, Professions , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!