Trim Carpenter (7:30-4p with on call)
Company: Lancaster General Health
Posted on: August 14, 2019
CompanyLancaster General HospitalCost Center1520 Operation of
PlantSupervisory OrganizationOperation of
PlantGradeG11SummaryPOSITION SUMMARY: Provide customer service to
patients and employees in maintaining the facility through
maintenance of carpentry repairs and projects.? Performs all types
of carpentry and related tasks necessary to construct and maintain
buildings, grounds, properties, and equipment.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without
reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Constructs new walls using studs and drywall, wire lathe studs
and wire, and masonry construction techniques.
- Installs bulletin boards, pictures, and other wall hangings,
using proper leveling and anchoring techniques.
- Installs, aligns, and levels door bucks, doors, cabinetry,
counter tops, casework, shelving, etc.
- Modifies doors and door bucks for installation of hardware,
locks, closures, strikes, mutes, hinges, etc.
- Builds wooden laminate cabinets, countertops, shelving units,
and specialty casework.
- Repairs, levels, and installs suspended ceiling.
- Reviews prints, prepares sketches, drawings, and layout
information for new installations or modifications and submits for
review.SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered
secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Builds forms and pours cement for bases, steps, and curb
- Repairs sub-floors and installs floor tile, sheet goods,
- Repairs windows and screens, and glazes and caulks as
- Makes repairs to roofs and flashing.
- Modifies and repairs stainless steel and metal for various
- Participates in departmental in-service programs to improve
working knowledge of equipment and processes.
- Other duties as assigned.JOB REQUIREMENTSMINIMUM REQUIRED
- ?Graduate of Trade School and/or Apprenticeship.
- Valid PA Driver?s License.
- Three (3) years experience in commercial/institutional
- Three (3) years experience in commercial/institutional
construction and finish carpentry.
- ?Two (2) years experience in concrete and masonry
- Three (3) years experience in hospital
- Three (3) years experience in a master or journeyman trade
- ?One (1) year experience in cabinet- making.COGNITIVE
REQUIREMENTSATTENTION/CONCENTRATION - The following level of
ability is essential for the jobholder to focus on certain aspects
of current experience and reject others:?
- The position requires the ability to attend to more than one
aspect of a situation simultaneously.? It is highly likely that
multiple task demands are going to be required of the individual at
the same time.NEW LEARNING AND MEMORY - The following level of
ability is essential for the jobholder to learn and retain
- The position requires that an individual be able to learn new
tasks quickly and effectively.? Job requirements change
frequently.? The ability to understand and carry out detailed,
involved instructions is mandatory.PROBLEM SOLVING, REASONING AND
CREATIVE THINKING - The following level of ability that is
essential for the jobholder to think (in order to solve a problem)
by combining two or more elements from past experience or
- ?The position deals with issues or problems that often require
thoughtful reasoning before arriving at approaches or solutions.?
Some independent thought, planning or origination of options and
solutions is necessary.? The individual must have the ability to
apply principles of reasoning and problem solving to resolve
practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in
situations where only limited standardization exists.APTITUDES:?
The following are essential requirements of the position in
relation to job-worker situations.? These items describe how a
worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act:Variety and change:
Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one
task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or
composure involving significant differences in technologies,
techniques, procedures, environmental factors, physical demands, or
work situations.Communication:? Ability to exchange information
with others clearly and concisely; to present ideas, facts and
technical information.Interpersonal relations: Ability to maintain
relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and
resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of
others.EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTSEquipment/Tools: Computer,
Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies, table saw, arm saw,
band saw, planer, joiner, belt sander, router, laminate trimmer,
drill press, grinder, drill, screw gun, saber saw, circular saw,
portable planer, power washer, jack hammer, telephone, scaffolding,
ladder, flatbed cart, dolly, hand saw, hammer, screwdriver, wrench,
hammer drill, coping saw, chisel, level vacuum cleaner, mixer,
shovel, trowel, putty knife, ice scraper, utility knife.Software:
Microsoft Office ProductsPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTSRarely 0-10%;
Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%Body
- Sit: Rarely
- Stand: Frequently
- Walk: Occasionally
- Bend: Occasionally
- Push: Frequently
- Pull: Frequently
- Kneel/Squat: Frequently
- Reach: Frequently
- Twist: Frequently
- Balance: Frequently
- Climb: FrequentlyLifting: Degree of physical exertion is:Heavy,
exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20
pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force
constantly to move objects.Sensory Abilities specifically required:
- Touch/FeelingPHYSICAL ENVIRONMENTWORKING CONDITIONS: Position
involves exposure to the following harmful elements:
- Extreme Noise Levels
- Moving/Rotating MachineryDisclaimer: This job description is
not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions
associated with the job.? It is intended to be a reflection of
those principal job elements essential for recruitment and
selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing
performance standards.? The percentages of time spent performing
job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute.?
The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be
cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of
management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this
job in part or in whole.? Incumbent must be able to perform all job
Keywords: Lancaster General Health, Lancaster , Trim Carpenter (7:30-4p with on call), Professions , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!