Phlebotomy Technician-Nursing Home & Specialty Services - (Part time/benefit eligible) - Lancaster
Company: Lancaster General Health
Posted on: June 15, 2019
CompanyLancaster General HospitalCost Center5093 LAB-Offsite
ServicesSupervisory OrganizationLab Offsite & Mobile Rad
ManagementGradeG07SummaryPenn Medicine Lancaster General Health has
an immediate opening for a Phlebotomy Technician to support
Extended Care Facilities in Lancaster County, Pa.This position is
responsible for facilitating the direction, coordination, and
prioritization of patient flow and customer support at contracted
Extended Care Facilities (ECF's) and other non-LGH facilities.--
Completes all functions related to registration, billing and
validation of insurance information.-- Performs phlebotomy during
daily rounds at client locations and responds to on-call needs.
- This is a part time, benefit eligible position, totaling 24
hours per week.
- Varied hours between 3AM-10AM with rotations Saturday/holiday
- Occasional on call requiredThis position is located in
Lancaster, Pa.Additional duties include:
- Using established standards and processes, facilitates the
direction, coordination, and prioritization of patient flow and
customer support at contracted Extended Care Facilities (ECF's) or
other non-LGH facilities; coordinates a collaborative patient
service work environment by fostering a spirit of interdisciplinary
cooperativeness between nursing, physicians, and ancillary support.
- Performs phlebotomy during daily rounds at client locations and
responds to on-call needs.
- Anticipates customer needs by providing appropriate
education/instruction based on customer encounter.
- Participates in performance improvement activities related to
patient care, customer satisfaction and registration
- Contributes to clinical environment by identifying immediate
issues and concerns that must be addressed by the clinical team to
meet patient care requirements.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional,
psychological, and spiritual support to patients, families and
friends.-- Functions as a patient advocate by establishing personal
rapport with patient, family, and other persons to determine care
- Resolve service problems by clarifying the customer's
complaint, determining the cause of the problem; selecting and
explaining the best solution to solve problems; expediting
correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing
responsibilities related to job duties.
- Open customer account by recording account information with a
minimum of 95% accuracy.
- Maintain customer records by updating account information with
- Maintain financial accounts by processing customer adjustments
when applicable.-- Documents service by completing forms, reports,
logs, and records.-- Collect patient payments per departmental
- Maintains data entry requirements by following data station
program techniques and procedures.MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- --High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Valid driver's license as regional travel is required.
- Associate's degree is preferred.
- Three (3) years in a customer service role using strong
professional communication skills; excellent written and verbal
- Two (2) years using professional skills of interpersonal
- Two (2) years of computer experience.
- Phlebotomy experience.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Two (2) years of medical terminology experience.
- Two (2) years of experience with business telephone
- Two (2) years of clinical experience.Disclaimer: This job
description is not intended and should not be construed to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or
working conditions associated with the job.-- It is intended to be
a reflection of those principal job elements essential for
recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for
establishing performance standards.-- The percentages of time spent
performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered
absolute.-- The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or
be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of
management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this
job in part or in whole.-- Incumbent must be able to perform all
job functions safely.
Keywords: Lancaster General Health, Lancaster , Phlebotomy Technician-Nursing Home & Specialty Services - (Part time/benefit eligible) - Lancaster, Professions , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!