Transportation Equipment Operator A
Company: State of Pennsylvania
Posted on: January 23, 2023
As a leading organization in the maintenance of Pennsylvania's
highways, the Department of Transportation, Lancaster County
Maintenance Organization, is seeking to fill vacancies for
full-time CDL Equipment Operators to support the maintenance of the
county highway and bridge systems. Join the Lancaster team with
this exciting career opportunity! -
-As an Equipment Operator for PennDOT, you will plow snow and work
on construction sites, which are both vital to the safety of the
public traveling Pennsylvania roads. You will also perform manual
labor, minor repairs to equipment, and preventative maintenance for
the trucks and equipment.
Working hard and serving Pennsylvania each day is a rewarding job.
You will go home each day feeling fulfilled and productive! - -
Interested in learning more? Additional details regarding this
position can be found in the -position description.
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
* Full-time employment.
* Work hours are 7:00 am to 3:00 pm, Monday - Friday, with
* Travel, overtime and shift work required. -Work hours subject to
change based on seasonal requirements and operational needs.
* Salary: -In some cases, the starting salary may be
* You will receive further communication regarding this position
via email. Check your email, including spam/junk folders, for these
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
* Successful completion of the Transportation Equipment Operator
Trainee Program; Or
* Graduation from a Commercial Driver's License Training School;
* An equivalent combination of experience and training.
Necessary Special Requirements:
* Must possess -a valid Pennsylvania Class A or Class B Commercial
Driver's License with the Air Brake Restriction (L) removed.
* Must possess -a valid Medical Examiner's Certificate in
accordance with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
Conditions of Employment:
* All employees must obtain an active certification issued by the
Pennsylvania Department of Transportation in the operation of heavy
trucks and loaders, and two additional pieces of construction
equipment, within the probationary period.
* Employees may be required to obtain and maintain CDL endorsements
and certifications necessary to operate specific pieces of
* Certain positions require operation of vehicles or equipment with
a manual transmission.
* This position is subject to Drug and Alcohol testing in
accordance with Federal Regulations.
* You must be able to perform essential job functions.
How to Apply:
* Resumes, cover letters, and similar documents will not be
reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be
considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the
position. Information to support your eligibility for the position
must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed
* If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental
application questions, you must attach a copy of your college
transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the
minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. -
* Your application must be submitted by the posting closing date.
-Late applications and other required materials will not be
* Failure to comply with the above application requirements may
eliminate you from consideration for this position. - -
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): -
* 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals).
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is
committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion
as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified
people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does
not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed,
ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status,
disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal
or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
Keywords: State of Pennsylvania, Lancaster , Transportation Equipment Operator A, Professions , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!