Environmental Service Technician (Part Time/Day Shift)
Company: Lancaster General Health
Posted on: September 25, 2022
HOURS: Part Time (.6 FTE; 24hrs/wk) Day Shift - 7:30am to 4:00pm.
You work every other weekend and 4 holidays per year. This is a
part time position. You will clean all environmental surfaces. We
clean all isolation rooms.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the director of Environmental Services
Manager and Administrative Supervisor, the Housekeeper cleans and
services patient, public, clinical, and administrative areas,
maintaining the standards of Lancaster General Hospital.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability
(with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following
- Cleans all environmental surfaces including, but not limited
to, furniture, beds, bathroom fixtures, window sills, door frames,
vents, televisions, walls, light fixtures and windows, following
- Dries and wet mops rooms, hallways, stairs, bathroom, and
offices; spot cleans and vacuums carpets.
- Gathers and disposes of refuse and soiled linen following
universal precautions. Fills supply dispensers.
- Contacts nursing personnel for discharges/transfers of
patients, reporting available patient rooms and sending maintenance
requests via computer system.
- Wears and answers pager responding to routine requests.
- Removes, washes, and rehangs cubicle curtains, shower curtains,
and window treatments.
- Possesses a working knowledge of universal precaution, MSDS,
and compactor recycling operations, and applies as necessary.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary
to the primary duties listed above:
- Keeps service closets and housekeeper carts properly stocked,
orderly, and cleaned.
- Reports hospital property and equipment in need of repair,
transfers furniture, and spot cleans furniture, as necessary.
- Attends in-services and programs as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
--- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
--- Six (6) months of experience in hospitality/medical
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
Benefits At A Glance:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following
benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity
Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings
will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any
other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE
LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting
unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment
opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by
search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL
HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid
written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed
the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH , and
no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN
MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or
through other means.
LGH Part Time Posted on 09/09/2022
Keywords: Lancaster General Health, Lancaster , Environmental Service Technician (Part Time/Day Shift), Professions , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!