Company: Graham Packaging
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Company Statement Graham Packaging is a leading manufacturer of
sustainable packaging. From the kitchen to the laundry room, Graham
Packaging is part of your everyday life. They're the kind of people
you want as your friends and neighbors as well as your partners and
suppliers. By building strong relationships and creating value for
our customers, our employees embody the innovative spirit that's
inherent to Graham. We truly are people building a better tomorrow.
Overview Production Supervisors are responsible for supervising
hourly employees engaged in all phases of the manufacture of all
blow molded containers. Duties include safety, quality, customer
service, housekeeping, training, performance management, plant
productivity, labor utilization, warehousing, and control of raw
materials. - This is a night shift position with hours of 7pm-7am.
-The primary duties of a Production Supervisor include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety,
health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies,
procedures and recognized practices.
- The majority of the time will be responsible for exercising
authority and independent judgment on the shift in the interest of
the Company to hire, transfer, suspend, lay off, recall, promote,
discharge, assign, reward, discipline or adjust complaints or
effectively to recommend such action by following established
policies, procedures, and practices.
- Responsible for the following shift functions; personnel
training, development, safety, security, quality, inventory, good
housekeeping, and general management of Company policies and
- Resolves all production and resulting quality problems that
occur on their shift. Responsible for frequent checks of product
- Accountable for providing shift documentation on decisions,
shift issues, actions and status updates for the shift for the
purpose of compliance and continuous quality improvement
- Attends all production meetings and safety meetings and
conducts all shift meetings as required.
- Responsible for reviewing and authorizing proper time records
for all employees on the shift.
- Manages temporary staffing assignments for the shift to achieve
plant production and labor objectives.
- Manages machine utilization to meet or exceed efficiency goals
and recommends or directs necessary personnel, maintenance or
engineering changes to help achieve those goals.
- Develops new methods and procedures to optimize manufacturing
efficiencies, maximize labor utilization, and reduce operating
costs as part of CQI objectives.
- Assists Production, Operations or Plant Manager in reviewing
shift operations and makes recommendations relative to changes in
operations, staffing, equipment, and procedures.
- Assists performing all physical inventories in accordance with
- Maintain a supportive and productive work atmosphere through
professional conduct and effective communication with internal and
external customers, including vendors, coworkers, subordinates, and
- Participates in job safety training and personally follows all
plant rules and work procedures to ensure a safe and healthy work
environment is developed and supported.
- Executes leader standard work as designed on a daily
- 0-25% travel may be required. Qualifications A Bachelor's
Degree and/or related operations experience; or equivalent
combination of education and related operations experience is
required. A minimum of 2 years' experience in an operations
supervisory or management role in a manufacturing environment with
demonstrated leadership skills strongly preferred.Production
Supervisors are required to interact with other managers,
employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills
and proficiencies are also essential requirements of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the
ability to effectively communicate with internal and external
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while
maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to
completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed
routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly
both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group
objectives; volunteers to help others. EEO Disclaimer Graham
Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation,
religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental
disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status,
veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: Graham Packaging, Lancaster , Production Supervisor, Professions , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!