Material Handler 1
Posted on: September 19, 2022
$3,000 Sign-on Bonus.
You must be able to present acceptable proof that you are fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 before working onsite at DFIN.
This position rotates weekly: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm and 11:00 am to
Remove, feed, jog, and stack printed sheets, folded signatures,
labels or other in-process products from production machines.
- Review in process product for conformance, quality and
- Load or remove in process product into machines and place into
mail pallets which may enter a mail stream or deliver to the
warehouse for inventory.
- Read and comprehend job instructions to include mail runners
and packaging instructions.
- Move material from storage/staging area to designated areas
using a hand truck.
- May be required to attach load identifiers and labels on the
- Stock, move, arrange, and rotate items in accordance with
operating instructions or under guidance of a higher level
- Knowledge of shrinkwrap equipment and ability to complete
appropriate forms relating to stock description, quantity, unit of
issue, and the labeling requirements.
- Use of shop tools.
General Education and Work Requirements:
- Education Equivalent to 8th grade+
- Use commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but
uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Able to read, copy and record figures. Some simple addition and
subtraction may be involved.
- Follow simple work instructions.
- Must be able to compare similarities and differences between
words and between series of numbers.
- Specific Vocational Prep Anything beyond short demonstration up
to including 1 month
- Personal Protective Equipment over 2/3 of the time
- Medium Work - The job requires the ability to exert 20 - 50lbs
of force occasionally, and/or 10 - 25lbs of force frequently,
and/or 10lbs of force constantly to move objects.
- (1/3 of time) Occasionally Lift/Carry 20 to
- (1/3-2/3 of time) - Frequently Lift/Carry 10 to
- (1/3 of time) - Reaching Occasionally
- (1/2-2/3 of time) - Reaching Upwards Frequently
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential
functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
You should be proficient in:
- Shop Math Skills
- Experience in a Manufacturing Environment
Keywords: DFIN, Lancaster , Material Handler 1, Professions , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!