Injection Molding Process Technician - Day Shift
Company: MXL Industries
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran
Equal Opportunity Employer including Disabled and Veterans
Drug Free Workplace-Testing Required
MXL, a PLASKOLITE company, is seeking an Injection Molding Process
Technician to join their Lancaster, PA team.
Responsibilities for this position include:
* Set-up and monitor injection molding process parameters to ensure
satisfactory part quality
* Troubleshoot product defects throughout production runs utilizing
IM processing knowledge
* Locate, store and prepare specific resin(s) for upcoming
* Safely remove, install and store injection molding tools to
ensure optimal performance
* Maintains an organized work area (5S) throughout production
Make products that save lives with plastic! Now is your chance to
make a difference by joining a Team where you will have consistent
hours, earn competitive pay and valuable benefits while helping
make products used by firefighters, first responders, the military,
football, motorsports and more.
Explore MXL: Creating optical quality protection products that make
our world safer.
* High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
* Knowledge of injection molding processes
* Experience with material handling, mold set up and/or injection
* Related degree or trade school a plus
* Background in processing polycarbonate a plus
Shifts and Hours: Day Shift, Full-time and Work -15 days per
* Day shift 7:00 AM to 7:30 PM, Night shift 7:00 pm to 7:30 AM with
night shift differential pay ($1.50/hr).
* Scheduled not more than 3 consecutive days of 12-hour shifts
* Regular rotation with predictable bi-weekly schedule (Week 1=36
hours, Week 2=48 hours).
* Every other weekend off.
Other Benefits Include:
* Paid Holiday Time Off
* Paid Time Off (PTO)
* Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
* Life and Disability Insurance
* 401k with Company Match
* Wellness Program
As a member of the team, you can expect:
* Excellent employer reputation - Voted one of the Best Places to
Work in Pennsylvania 10 times in the last 16 years!
* Culture - You will encounter a culture focused on dignity,
respect, safety, quality, and teamwork.
* Competitive compensation and benefits package - Medical, dental,
vison, life, disability insurances, 401k with employer match,
Health Savings Account, employee wellness program, Paid Time Off,
holidays, family picnic in summer, team appreciation dinner in
January, participation in the annual Best Places to Work in PA
survey, team charitable events and fundraising, and more.
* Great location - Lancaster, PA provides opportunities for a
variety of lifestyle choices; from a relaxed country feel to
vibrant urban activities and easy access to major metropolitan
* Impact of your work - Vision is a critical element for many
individuals, their jobs, their recreation, and our protection. We
ensure a pilot can bet his life on his heads-up-display, a
firefighter has clear, uncompromised vision in his respirator mask,
and the motorcycle rider has clear, undistorted vision with their
About the Company: MXL Industries, Inc. has earned a reputation for
manufacturing high quality optical plastic products for more than
50 years. We perform optical injection molding, apply specialty
coatings, rout, and assemble. We use various optical resins such as
polycarbonate, acrylic, Apec, and polystyrene and mold in laser eye
protection (LEP) dyes for various commercial and military
applications. We dip coat, flow coat, and vacuum deposit parts
using abrasion resistant, anti-fog, NFPA, metallization,
anti-reflective, and partially reflective coatings.
MXL Industries, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class.
If you are a candidate in need of assistance or an accommodation in
the application process, please contact MXL's Employee Services
Department at 800-233-0159 or 717-569-8711 x130. You may also email
your request using subject line Application Accommodation Request
This position requires access to information which is subject to
stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful
permanent resident, person granted asylee status in the U.S., or
person admitted into the U.S. as a refugee.
Key Words: plastic; manufacturing; injection molding; molding;
plastic processing; polycarbonate
Keywords: MXL Industries, Lancaster , Injection Molding Process Technician - Day Shift, Professions , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!