Overnight Forklift Full Time
Company: BJ's Wholesale Club
Posted on: September 17, 2022
Join a team of more than 32,000 team members, comprised of our
home office and over 229 clubs and 7 distribution centers. We're
committed to delivering value and convenience to our Members,
helping them save every day on everything they need for their
family and home. BJ's Wholesale Club offers a collaborative,
team-oriented environment where all team members can learn, grow
and excel. Responsible for operating a forklift, transporting
merchandise and materials throughout the club, assisting with the
loading and unloading of delivery trucks, inspecting and receiving
incoming merchandise, preparing pallets, performing general
maintenance and safety procedures, maintaining policies and
procedures, and delivering a positive service experience to
Members.Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Operates a forklift in a safe and efficient manner. Inspects
forklifts prior to use and follows established safety
- Loads and unloads merchandise and materials to and from
delivery trucks. Inspects and prepares delivery trucks for
unloading. Accurately receives all merchandise and materials
delivered to the club.
- Lifts, reserves and drops pallets of merchandise to and from
the overhead steel and the sales floor. Prepares pallets for safe
reserving by wrapping, strapping, stacking, labeling, and
correcting broken pallets.
- Transports merchandise, material and pallets safely throughout
the club. Utilizes a pallet jack as needed.
- Stocks, rotates, and stores general merchandise and food
merchandise. Ensures that merchandise is fully stocked. Handles
damaged and spoiled merchandise in accordance with company policies
- Ensures the club is neat, clean, and organized. Performs
general maintenance duties including removing trash and cardboard
from the club.
- Participates in daily club openings and closings. Returns
merchandise back to the sales floor.
- Greets all Members. Provides Members with prompt and courteous
service and assistance. Assists Members in locating
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned and works in other
departments as needed. Qualifications
- At least 18 years of age.
- Prior forklift operating experience preferred, but not
- Must successfully complete required training and certification
processes. Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent standing, and moving about
continuously on hard surfaces. There may be a need to frequently
position oneself to examine and/or scan merchandise, including
bending, climbing, crawling, handling, pulling, reaching, and
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May
require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects more than
30 pounds with assistance.
- Usually in a comfortable environment surrounded by moving
machinery and/or loud equipment that may require shouting in order
to be heard. Occasional exposure to temperature extremes in freezer
or cooler units. There may be occasional exposure to cleaning
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, Lancaster , Overnight Forklift Full Time, Professions , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!