Material Handler 1
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Job Description$3,000 Sign-on Bonus. You must be able to present
acceptable proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19
before working onsite at DFIN.2nd shift works: 3:00pm –
11:00pmSummary:Remove, feed, jog, and stack printed sheets, folded
signatures, labels or other in-process products from production
- Review in process product for conformance, quality and
- Load or remove in process product into machines and place into
mail pallets which may enter a mail stream or deliver to the
warehouse for inventory.
- Read and comprehend job instructions to include mail runners
and packaging instructions.
- Move material from storage/staging area to designated areas
using a hand truck.
- May be required to attach load identifiers and labels on the
- Stock, move, arrange, and rotate items in accordance with
operating instructions or under guidance of a higher level
- Knowledge of shrinkwrap equipment and ability to complete
appropriate forms relating to stock description, quantity, unit of
issue, and the labeling requirements.- Use of shop tools.General
Education and Work Requirements:
- Education Equivalent to 8th grade+
- Use commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but
uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Able to read, copy and record figures. Some simple addition and
subtraction may be involved.
- Follow simple work instructions.
- Must be able to compare similarities and differences between
words and between series of numbers.
- Specific Vocational Prep Anything beyond short demonstration up
to including 1 month
- Personal Protective Equipment over 2/3 of the timeStrength
- Medium Work – The job requires the ability to exert 20 - 50lbs
of force occasionally, and/or 10 - 25lbs of force frequently,
and/or 10lbs of force constantly to move objects.
- (1/3 of time) Occasionally Lift/Carry 20 to
- (1/3-2/3 of time) - Frequently Lift/Carry 10 to
- (1/3 of time) - Reaching Occasionally
- (1/2-2/3 of time) - Reaching Upwards FrequentlyThe duties and
responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.You should be
- Shop Math Skills
- Experience in a Manufacturing EnvironmentSalary info:$14 -
$15.25 / hr
Keywords: DFIN, Lancaster , Material Handler 1, Professions , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!