PC Technician I - Traveling Tech
Company: Lancaster General Health
Posted on: May 14, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide personal computer and printer support to
satellite entities to include developing specifications according
to user needs, installation of hardware and software, and
maintenance of hardware and software. Inventories and performs
preventative maintenance on all personal computer hardware and
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk) 8-:4:30 time frame, primarily
a road tech. Rotation of on-call, weekends and holidays.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability
(with or without
reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Primarily traveling tech between 20+ locations across
Lancaster, Lebanon, Chester and York counties
- Used to flex up staffing at Lancaster General's Support
- Offers Tier 1 and Tier 2 level customer support.
- Works off a ticket queue to assist customer in finding root
cause - sometimes interfacing directly with the customer and
- Performs hardware support for users, including developing
specifications to user's requirements and organizational standards
and installation to the network for approved hardware
- Performs technical diagnostics for approved hardware products
to determine means of repair.
- Performs software support for users.
- Performs preventive maintenance on a regular schedule to assure
all devices are functional and performing to specifications.
- Performs problem determination for approved software products
to determine the means of intervention.
- Train users on proper operating procedures.
- Recognize trends and escalate them to leadership.
- Provides high quality customer service through courteous,
prompt and accurate communication.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary
to the primary
duties listed above:
- Stays current with supporting documentation by regularly
reviewing knowledge base and supporting documentation.
- Provides input and feedback on technical documentation for
knowledge base and supporting documentation.
- Works on projects and other duties as assigned by the Customer
Service Desk Manager/Supervisor.
- Keeps current on all technologies within the supported
- Participates in other IT service groups and committees.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- HS diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Valid Pennsylvania driver's license.
- Certification as an A+ PC specialist - or equivalent
- Two (2) years of client/server experience.
- Experience in customer service related position.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a high-stress, fast-paced environment.
- Associate degree in computer science or electronics and
certification as a Microsoft Engineer
- Three (3) to five (5) years of personal computer
- Three (3) to five (5) years of electronic diagnostic/experience
with PC equipment repair
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be
construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills,
efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is
intended to reflect those principal job elements essential for
recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for
establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent
performing job duties are estimates and should not be considered
absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be
cross trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of
management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this
job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job
Benefits At A Glance:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following
benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity
Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings
will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any
other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE
LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting
unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment
opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by
search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL
HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid
written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed
the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH , and
no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN
MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or
through other means.
LGH Full Time Posted on 04/25/2022
Keywords: Lancaster General Health, Lancaster , PC Technician I - Traveling Tech, Professions , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!