Supply Chain Planning Manager Job
Company: Armstrong World Industries
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Primary location: Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Relocation offered: Yes
Employment status: Full-Time
What does it mean to work at Armstrong?
It means being immersed in a supportive culture that recognizes you
as a key player in Armstrong's future. We are a large company with
a local feel, where you will get to know and collaborate with
leadership and your colleagues across the company.
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your
potential. Alongside a competitive remuneration package, you will
- A benefits package including: medical, dental, prescription
drug, life insurance, 401k match, long-term disability coverage,
vacation and sick time, product discount programs and many
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your
strengths and interests.
- A casual work environment where we have a recognition program
for our team, and service awards. You will also be able to make the
most of our fitness center and lunchtime cafe.
- A working culture that balances individual achievement with
teamwork and collaboration. We draw on each other's strengths and
allow for different work styles to build engagement and
satisfaction to deliver results.
As our Supply Chain Planning Manager, you will be responsible for
leading and developing the capabilities of our team, systems, and
partners to deliver a supply chain resulting in superior quality
and service to our specialty ceiling solution customers. Your
primary focus will be defining plans and executing projects that
result in our ability to achieve profitable growth while delivering
the best Total Customer Experience in the industry.
You will also be responsible for coaching, supporting, and
developing 2 to 4 direct internal reports plus the customer service
capabilities of > 40 Supply Chain Partners. In addition, you
will be tasked with building scalable internal processes with a
focus on enabling double digit annual growth.
What you'll be doing:
- Defining operating and capacity plans for 12-15 key external
finished good product suppliers
- Developing and managing adjustments of Targeted Stocking Levels
for existing inventory and new products
- Publishing weekly update to product category lead time
documents including exceptions and alternate products
- Leading Supply Chain projects regarding: Supply Disruption
Response; Large Order Fulfillment; Transportation Cost &
Effectiveness; Supplier Onboarding; New Product Setup; Acquisition
Integration; Capacity Expansion
- Compiling and analyzing statistical data to develop policies,
procedures, methods, standards, and reports for Architectural
Specialties Supply Chain activities
- Owning and maintaining our Comprehensive Service Plan to ensure
we meet the needs of our customers, the needs of our customer
service departments, and regulations around trade compliance and
- Utilizing SAP daily to manage and monitor capacity plans,
contracts, inventory, and lead time calculations
- Evaluating impact of large orders on our suppliers to ensure
that Raw Material Availability and Production Capacity enables
existing obligations to be met and future order commitments are
- Developing Requests for Quote (RFQs) with suppliers. Develop
cost models; perform competitive bidding; lead negotiations; award
What will make you successful:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management and Information
Systems, Business Logistics, or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in Supply Chain Management
- Experience with SAP enterprise system
- Experience and proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with SAP Business Intelligence, Salesforce, Asana,
Ariba, Oracle and SQL Server Databases
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and capabilities
- Six Sigma experience leading process improvement teams
Why should you join Armstrong World Industries?
Armstrong World Industries (AWI) is a leader in the design and
manufacture of innovative commercial and residential ceiling, wall
and suspension system solutions in the Americas. With approximately
$1B in revenue, AWI has about 2,500 employees and a manufacturing
network of twelve facilities.
At home, at work, in healthcare facilities, classrooms, stores, or
restaurants, we offer interior solutions that help to enhance
comfort, save time, improve building efficiency and overall
performance, and create beautiful spaces.
For more than 150 years, we have built our business on trust and
integrity. It set us apart then, and it sets us apart now, along
with our ability to collaborate with and innovate for the people
we're here to serve - our customers, our shareholders, our
communities and our employees.
We are committed to developing new and sustainable ceiling
solutions, with design and performance possibilities that make a
positive difference in spaces where we live, work, learn, heal and
play. It's an exciting, rewarding business to be in, and we're
committed to continue to grow and prosper for the benefit of all of
our stakeholders. We hope you join us.
Our Sustainability Ambition
"Bringing our Purpose to Life" - lead a transformation in the
design and building of spaces fit for today and tomorrow.
We are committed to:
- Engaging a diverse, purpose-driven workforce;
- Transforming buildings from structures that shelter into
structures that serve and preserve the health and well-being of
people and planet;
- Pursuing sustainable, innovative solutions for spaces where we
live, work, learn heal and play;
- Being a catalyst for change with all of our stakeholders;
- Making a positive difference in the environments and
communities we impact.
Lancaster, PA. A great central location in South Central
Pennsylvania, Lancaster is ideally situated for easy access to
major metropolitan cities such as Philadelphia, Baltimore,
Washington DC, and New York City. Lancaster offers a vibrant arts
and entertainment community with wonderful historic sites,
B&Bs, museums, great shopping, entertainment venues and
Armstrong is committed to engaging a diverse, purpose-driven
workforce. As part of our dedication to diversity, AWI is committed
to Equal Employment Opportunity and all qualified applicants
receive consideration for employment without regard for race, sex,
color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran
status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and
disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need
assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact
us at by email at AWI talent acquisition and let us know the nature
of your request and your contact information. Requests for
accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please
note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable
accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Come and build your future with us and apply today!
Job Segment: Supply Chain Manager, Logistics, Supply Chain, Supply,
ERP, Operations, Technology
Keywords: Armstrong World Industries, Lancaster , Supply Chain Planning Manager Job, Professions , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!