Supply Chain Manager
Company: Ultra Intelligence & Communications, Herley
Posted on: May 16, 2020
POSITION: Supply Chain Manager
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
JOB ID: 331
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Responsible for overseeing and managing the overall supply chain
and logistics strategy and operations in order to maximize the
process efficiency and productivity. Develop and maintain good
relationships with vendors and distributors. Review all materials
processes and systems for compliance to government requirements and
* Manage and coordinate activities of the Planning, Purchasing,
Stock Room and Shipping department personnel.
* Review and evaluate vendors and subcontractors concerning
product, service, quality, total cost, and ability to produce on
time. Determines selection of appropriate vendor/subcontractor
after evaluation of performance data. Maintains strong supplier
relationships to insure continuity of supply. Proactively
eliminates suppliers that do not meet performance requirements.
* Evaluates defective purchased material with quality control and
other appropriate departments to determine root cause of problems
and takes corrective action in accordance with established
* Analyze market and delivery conditions to determine present and
future material availability; initiate recommendations to
Engineering or Management to make changes required. Identify
obsolete items and recommend alternatives to minimize the impact on
product design or production schedules.
* Prepares and reviews contracts, bids, proposals and vendor
agreements to insure they meet all legal requirements and customer
* Negotiates or supervises the negotiation of lowest total costs
for materials, capital equipment and services. Continually looks
for opportunities to reduce total costs.
* Manages the process to collect cost and data required to respond
to customer requests for quotation. Al quotations and subsequent
changes must be in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulations
(FAR), other federal procurement laws and Herley regulations and
* Manages the process to dispose of excess/obsolete material and
* Establishes and manages consignment programs for materials and
blanket purchasing agreements.
* Develops department budget and staffing requirements for the
Herley-Lancaster Planning, Purchasing, Stock Room and Shipping
* Plans layout of stockroom, warehouse and other storage areas,
considering turnover, size, weight and related factors of items
* Advises employees on care and preservation of items, received,
stored, and shipped; methods and use of equipment in handling,
storing, maintaining, and shipping stock; and related problems.
* Studies records and recommends remedial actions for reported
non-usable, slow moving, excess stock.
* Schedules work for special and periodic inventories.
* Traces history of items to determine reason for discrepancies
between inventory and stock control records and recommends remedial
actions to resolve discrepancies.
* Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and
* Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and
conformance to policies and procedures.
* Interfaces with Engineering, Quality Assurance and Manufacturing
personnel to ensure that all documentation and specification
requirements have been properly transmitted to production line.
* Performs additional planning tasks as assigned.
* Maintains and improves technical capabilities through formal
courses, study of technical literature and attendance at technical
* Prepares composite reports from individual reports of
* Adheres to Ultra Electronics Code of Conduct and Business Ethics
* Other duties may be assigned.
* A Bachelor s degree in related field
* 10+ years of procurement experience in electronic or
communications equipment manufacturing with 3+ years directly
supervising the procurement function.
* Ability to obtain a US Government security clearance. Security
clearances are granted to U.S. citizens.
* Experience with enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems and
Microsoft Office software is needed to perform successfully.
* Willing to coach employees and management through complex,
difficult and emotional issues
* Willingness to maintain sensitive and confidential information as
required by government standards
* ANALYTICAL - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects
and researches data; Use intuition and experience to complement
data; Designs work flows and procedures.
* PROBLEM SOLVING - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops
alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving
situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional
* ORAL COMMUNICATION - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive
or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds
well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills;
Participates in meetings.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATION - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits
work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs;
Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret
* CHANGE MANAGEMENT - Develops workable implementation plans;
Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes
resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change;
Monitors transition and evaluates results.
* DELEGATION - Delegates work assignments; Matches the
responsibility to the person; Give authority to work independently;
Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides
recognition for results.
* BUSINESS ACUMEN - Understands business implications of decisions;
Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of
market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
* COST CONSCIOUSNESS - Develops and implements cost saving
measures; contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves
* STRATEGIC THINKING - Develops strategies to achieve
organizational goals; Understands organization s strengths &
weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external
threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing
* PLANNING/ORGANIZING - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses
time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and
objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks;
Develops realistic action plans.
* QUALITY - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways
to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve
performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality. Demonstrates
attention to detail.
* INITIATIVE - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development
activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent
actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of
opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Ultra Electronics is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action
Employer. M/F/D/VUltra Electronics provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, genetics or gender identity. In addition to federal law
requirements, Ultra Electronics complies with applicable state and
local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every
location in which the company has facilities. If you need an
accommodation for any part of the application process, please email
Keywords: Ultra Intelligence & Communications, Herley, Lancaster , Supply Chain Manager, Professions , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!