Student Nurse Patient Care Assistant
Company: Lancaster General Health
Posted on: November 11, 2019
CompanyCost CenterSupervisory OrganizationStudent Nurse Patient
Care AssistantsGradeSummaryPosition is located in Lancaster,
PAPosition will work 16 hours/month minimum - must be able to
maintain schedule during school yearCandidates must meet the
following criteria in order to be considered:Be enrolled in a
nursing program (BSN Preferred)Be available for a week long
orientation starting December 16th Have had at least one clinical
rotation in a med surg setting (Required)This position requires PA
Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.ATTENTION: Please be
aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to
complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This
assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in
your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the
assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must
be completed within 5 days of receiving it.POSITION SUMMARY:
Assists with the delivery of direct, non-licensed patient care in
accordance with established methods and procedures, under the
supervision and guidance of appropriate personnel.ESSENTIAL
FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or
without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following
duties:Environment Management ?
- Completes cleaning tasks utilizing OSHA standards. Performs
maintenance and/or inventory of equipment according to
- Practices standard precautions while handling contaminated
- Maintains unit order and efficiency.
- Maintains appearance of patient care areas and public
- Maintains safe work environment.Supply Management/Clerical ?
- Orders and stocks supplies to meet the needs of the
- Demonstrates an awareness of cost containment practices.
- Distributes supplies to appropriate areas according to
- Demonstrates computer skills necessary to perform
unit/department specific responsibilities.
- Depending on location may need to schedule patients and handle
phone calls.Patient Care/Safety ?
- Documents accurately and timely, according to unit/department
- Reports promptly unusual situations, reactions, effects or
conditions related to patient care to the responsible
- Assist patients with personal hygiene needs and/or provide
activities of daily living, comfort measures including changing
linen, providing safe environment for mobility and ambulation, and
maintaining a clean and orderly patient environment.?
- Safely assist in mobilizing, turning, and positioning of
patients; including use of various assistive devices and mechanical
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal skills when dealing with
patients, family members and staff.
- Functions as a patient advocate by resolving patient/family
concerns through appropriate actions.
- Assists with admission, transfer, and discharge
- Answer patient call lights independently, promptly, and to the
patient?s satisfaction; referring patient concerns to the RN or
- Provide close observation and care safely for patients who
require 1:1 observation.?
- Demonstrate proper responses to emergency situations.Code of
- Identifies learning needs and seeks available resources and
- Completes assignments within designated shift.
- Responds promptly to requests for assistance.
- Respects patient rights and maintains strict
- Communicates clearly, concisely and appropriately
- Assumes personal responsibility for attendance to maintain
- Demonstrates concern and respect for others thoughts and
feelings and handles conflicts in a positive manner.
- Able to prioritize continuallyClinical Skills ?
- Maintains clinical skills necessary to perform duty/job.
- Demonstrates competency with procedures based on unit
population and/or age-specific needs.
- Obtains and accurately documents all required patient
information; reporting changes and abnormal findings to the RN in a
- Perform unit-specific lab tests as dictated by the Point of
Care Testing lab standards (Glucose, stool, and emesis) record
results, and report findings to the RN.? Perform quality control
measures on unit assigned tests and equipment.?
- Properly label specimen(s) and form(s) for lab test
- Participates in achieving institution wide and unit based
- Performs duty/job with appropriate level of independence.
- Performs duty/job with accuracy and efficiency.
- Accepts accountability, as an individual and as a team member
for all services provided.JOB REQUIREMENTSMINIMUM REQUIRED
- HS diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Completion of the educational requirements (additional formal
education/training; maximum supervision for initial competency;
high degree associated risk factors; yearly competency evaluation
- Renal Dialysis:? Patient Care Certification required within 18
months of hire date.? Employees hired from other dialysis units
must obtain certification within 18 months of initial date they
began work in dialysis unless they have had a gap in employment of
more than 18 months.Disclaimer: This job description is not
intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of
all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions
associated with the job.? It is intended to be a reflection of
those principal job elements essential for recruitment and
selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing
performance standards.? The percentages of time spent performing
job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute.?
The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be
cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of
management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this
job in part or in whole.? Incumbent must be able to perform all job
Keywords: Lancaster General Health, Lancaster , Student Nurse Patient Care Assistant, Other , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!