Epic Application Architect
Company: Lancaster General Health
Posted on: November 11, 2019
CompanyNovastream LLCCost Center9401 ConsultingSupervisory
OrganizationNovastreamGradeX13Summary**This is a Novastream
position.HOURS: Full Time 1.0 FTE 40hrs/wk; Day ShiftATTENTION:
Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may
need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring
process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that
you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts
may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This
assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For
more information regarding the assessment, please click
HERE.POSITION SUMMARY: This position provides independent specific
systems consulting, systems analysis, and overall application
technical leadership related to the development and use of Epic
Electronic Medical Record (EMR). This position will be responsible
for leading teams in defining programs, processes and services
related to Epic applications and ancillary systems affected by the
Epic applications.? The EPIC Application Architect will act as a
consultant with multiple external organizations to lead and
implement solutions on a project basisESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without
reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Provides technical expertise in Epic applications and provide
guidance for other applications related to new projects,
functionality, enhancements, improved workflow(s), and performance
or efficiency improvements.
- Provides the highest level of functional Epic expertise in
addressing problems of system integration, compatibility, and
performance in any level of multi-faceted networked environment; to
include Business Intelligence tools.
- Provides consultative expertise and guidance in the integrated
design and optimal implementation of related Epic modules to ensure
application interoperability; including improved system design
methods, security and technical standards, and build related to
production support, system enhancements, and upgrades.
- Provides expertise in contemporary use of Epic automation to
improve business performance.
- Works with Functional Architects to ensure that corresponding
application architecture flows smoothly with full integration.
- Researches and advises on the most complex issues and projects
related to Epic applications within the various environments.
- Meets strict timeliness and budget constraints while
successfully managing customer and vendor expectations.
- Works with customer to define, document, and escalate critical
issues and/or project decisions; assists with end-user
- Assesses current and new applications, relative to the Epic
EMR, to determine potential value to the organization.
- Provides a unique source of specialized Epic expertise that can
serve the needs of other organizations; provides wide ranging Epic
application support for technical staff to maximize organizational
- Establishes and manages relationships to achieve
transformational change with line staff, physicians, and
- Ability and means to travel on a flexible schedule as
needed.MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor?s degree in Health Care Management, Computer Science,
Computer Information Systems, Mathematics or related field, or at
least 7 years progressive relevant consulting experience.?
- Minimum of five current Epic Certifications in designated areas
of specialization is required, including working knowledge of
associated application discipline(s).
- 5 years of progressively increasing experience in implementing
and supporting Epic applications, including multiple varied-site
- Prior experience in IT consulting in a healthcare setting using
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects/priorities
- Ability to negotiate, interact with and hold both internal and
external parties accountable to project deadlines.
- Valid driver?s license as regional travel is required, up to
50% of the time depending on assigned projects and project
- Previous experience using quality improvement tools
- Demonstrated competencies in analytical, team building and
leadership skills preferred.
- Sophisticated experience with varying levels of IT management
preferred.This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
Keywords: Lancaster General Health, Lancaster , Epic Application Architect, Other , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!