Phlebotomy & Diagnostic Services Representative (40hrs/week, 1st shift)
Company: Lancaster General Health
Posted on: November 11, 2019
CompanyLancaster General HospitalCost Center5093 LAB-Offsite
ServicesSupervisory OrganizationLaboratory- Offsite
ServicesGradeG06SummaryPOSITION SUMMARY: Provides complete and
accurate patient scheduling, registration, and coordination of
applicable laboratory and offsite services.? This includes all
functions related to billing and validation of insurance
information.? Responsible for facilitating the direction,
coordination, and prioritization of Stat patient flow and customer
support at contracted Extended Care Facilities (ECF?s) and other
non-LGH facilities.? Capable of coordinating and communicating
effectively during increased volumes or with complex patients.?
Responds to on-call phlebotomy needs at contracted
facilities.6am-2:30pmRotating Holidays and WeekendsESSENTIAL
FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or
without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following
- Using established standards and processes, facilitates the
direction, coordination, and prioritization of patient flow and
customer support at ECF?s or other non-LGH facilities;? coordinates
a collaborative patient service work environment by fostering a
spirit of interdisciplinary cooperativeness between nursing,
physicians, and ancillary support.
- Performs phlebotomy when responding to Stat calls at contracted
- Contributes to clinical environment by identifying immediate
issues and concerns that must be addressed by the clinical team to
meet patient care requirements.
- Maintain financial accounts by processing customer adjustments
when applicable.? Documents service by completing forms, reports,
logs, and records.
- Transports collected patient specimens to Lancaster General
Laboratory.Registration and Order Entry
- Perform complete and accurate patient registration including
but not limited to walk-in, check-in, outpatient visit, or
- Adapt to and perform during times of high volume or high
- Enter and manage diagnostic orders of inpatients, emergency
patients, and outpatients.?
- Facilitate communication and coordination of patients, guests,
or appropriate parties as needed to provide services.
- Resolve account discrepancies.
- Meet productivity standards.
- Work appropriately within patient?s medical information
documented in either an electronic or paper format.Patient
Liability and Point of Service Collections
- Support and perform Point of Service Collection functions to
collect patient obligations as needed.
- Refer patients to appropriate person for questions regarding
collections, insurance coverage, and financial assistance.
- Disseminate information to patients regarding co-pays, out of
pocket expenses, pre-appointment preparation, arrival times, and
other information as necessary.Compliance/Regulatory
- Complete documentation needed for regulatory compliance
surrounding release of patient information.
- Abide by regulatory requirements pertaining to duties of the
position and overall operation of the organization.
- Manage outbound patient reports to an appropriate recipient,
and inbound patient reports to be used for clinical purposes.
- Distribute patient reports following all rules, guidelines and
- Process biological specimens accurately according to
established procedures and regulatory requirements based on
- Operate automated diagnostic equipment.
- Perform maintenance and inventory of equipment and supplies
according to standards.
- Maintain appearance of both public and patient care areas.
- Follow all appropriate safety and infection control
- Ensure proper patient identification.
- Greet and escort patients and visitors to and from waiting/exam
room and prepare patient for visit with provider as indicated.
- Facilitate patients, guests, and customers? needs through the
department ensuring that they are delivered a well-organized
- Obtain and manage outside diagnostic results and
- Manage and assist during uncommon or downtime
situations.SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered
secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Identifies personal learning needs and seeks out available
resources and opportunities.
- Maintains staff credentialing requirements by keeping abreast
of advances in area of specialty by attending education workshops,
reviewing professional publications and establishing personal
- Mentorship and oversight for new employees and interns.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position
- Other duties and projects as assigned.JOB REQUIREMENTSMINIMUM
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- One (1) year previous clerical, customer service, or
administrative support experience in a highly customer-oriented
- Previous phlebotomy experience.
- Valid driver?s license as regional travel is required.PREFERRED
- Two (2) years of medical terminology experience.
- Two (2) years of clinical experience.
- One (1) year of registration experience, point of service
collection, insurance validation, understanding of compliance or
regulatory guidelines, release of information processes.
- Electronic Medical Record experience.
- Prior experience in a healthcare setting.COGNITIVE
- The position requires the ability to attend to more than one
aspect of a situation simultaneously.? It is highly likely that
multiple task demands are going to be required of the individual at
the same time.New Learning and Memory:
- The position requires that an individual be able to learn new
tasks quickly and effectively.? Job requirements change
frequently.? The ability to understand and carry out detailed,
involved instructions in mandatory.Problem Solving, Reasoning and
- The position deals with issues or problems that often require
thoughtful reasoning before arriving at approaches or solutions.?
Some independent thought, planning or origination of options and
solutions is necessary.? The individual must have the ability to
apply principles of reasoning and problem solving to resolve
practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in
situations where only limited standardization exists.TEMPERAMENTS:?
The following are essential requirements of the position in
relation to job-worker situations.? These items describe how a
worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act:Creativity, feelings or
ideas: Ability to adapt to situations involving the interpretation
of feelings, ideas, or facts in terms of personal viewpoint; to use
creativity, self-expression, or imagination.Repetitive work:
Ability to continuously perform the same type of work for extended
periods of time, according to set procedures, sequence or
pace.Working within tolerances, set limits or standards: Ability to
adapt to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits,
tolerances, or standards; to be precise, thorough, exacting, or
meticulous in regard to material worked; or in activities such as
numerical determinations, record preparation, or
inspecting.Performing under stressful conditions: Ability to
perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical,
unusual, or dangerous situations, or in situations in which working
speed and sustained attention are critical aspects of the job. Is
subject to danger or risk, or to tension as a regular, consistent
part of the job.Variety and change: Ability to perform a variety of
duties, often changing from one task to another of a different
nature without loss of efficiency or composure involving
significant differences in technologies, techniques, procedures,
environmental factors, physical demands, or work
situations.Communication:? Ability to exchange information with
others clearly and concisely; to present ideas, facts and technical
information.Planning and control: Ability to identify task
requirements and monitor progress toward
accomplishment.Interpersonal relations: Ability to maintain
relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and
resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of
others.EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS Equipment/Tools: Common office
equipment, diagnostic equipment, Basic and common toolsSoftware:
Hospital and other business related software applicationsPHYSICAL
REQUIREMENTSRarely 0-10%; Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%;
Continuously 71-100%Body Position/Movement:
- Sit: Frequently
- Stand: Frequently
- Walk: Frequently
- Bend: Frequently
- Push: Occasionally
- Pull: Occasionally
- Kneel/Squat: Occasionally
- Reach: Occasionally
- Twist: Occasionally
- Balance: Occasionally
- Climb: RarelyLifting: Degree of physical exertion is:Light,
exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible
amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects.Sensory
Abilities specifically required:
- HearingPHYSICAL ENVIRONMENTWORKING CONDITIONS: Position
involves exposure to the following harmful elements:
- Bio hazardous Waste
- Blood borne Pathogens
- ChemicalsDisclaimer: This job description is not intended and
should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated
with the job.? It is intended to be a reflection of those principal
job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making
fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards.?
The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates,
and should not be considered absolute.? The incumbent shall perform
all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined
at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend,
modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole.? Incumbent must
be able to perform all job functions safely.
Keywords: Lancaster General Health, Lancaster , Phlebotomy & Diagnostic Services Representative (40hrs/week, 1st shift), Other , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!