Maintenance Mechanic - Lancaster
Company: Lancaster General Health
Posted on: June 15, 2019
CompanyLancaster General HospitalCost Center1520 Operation of
PlantSupervisory OrganizationOperation of PlantGradeG10SummaryThis
position is located in Lancaster, PA.--This position will work 40
hours/week Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday between the hours of
9:30 pm - 7:30 amThis position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI
Fingerprinting Clearances.ATTENTION:--Please be aware that, if you
are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online
assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be
sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application.
Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail
in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within
5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the
assessment, please click--.POSITION SUMMARY: Performs a wide
variety of electrical, mechanical, plumbing maintenance &
installation duties.-- Includes using technical training and
acquired skills as well as prints, schematics, technical manuals
and departmental procedures to maintain physical plant, equipment
and systems.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have
the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform
the following duties:
- Performs preventative maintenance duties such as lubricating
equipment and replacing and repairing component parts or the
adjustment and regulating of equipment such as replacing gaskets,
repairing machines, etc.
- Repairs and makes adjustments on conveyor and tube
- Maintains various call signal systems by replacing of light
bulbs, fuses, switches or the installation of additional or
supplemental receptacles, stations, switches, etc.
- Performs electrical distribution system troubleshooting and
repair of commercial/ institution-type setting.-- Troubleshoots and
repairs electrical equipment and lighting.-- Troubleshoots and
repairs medical compresses air and vacuum components and
- Services and repairs electrical/mechanical equipment like that
found in Food Service, Laundry, etc.
- Orders required repair and installation materials for
maintenance and project purposes.
- Maintains current proficiency in operating and implementing
procedures for fire, security and utility emergencies (includes
electrical, HVAC, water, steam plumbing and
- Corrects patient and departmental temperature problems and
performs startup and shutdown and monitoring functions for major
HVAC equipment.JOB REQUIREMENTSMINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Three (3) years of electrical experience
- Two (2) years of mechanical/plumbing experience
- One (1) year each of welding/cutting/metal fabrication and
automated industrial control
- Valid PA Driver's LicensePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Four (4) or more years of electrical experience, three (3) or
more years of mechanical/plumbing experience, and two (2) or more
years each of welding/cutting/metal fabrication and automated
industrial control, is preferred for the position.
- Formal technical/vocational training and journeyman
Keywords: Lancaster General Health, Lancaster , Maintenance Mechanic - Lancaster, Other , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!