CRNA - Lancaster
Company: Lancaster General Health
Posted on: June 14, 2019
CompanyLancaster General HospitalCost Center7515
ServicesGradeU20SummaryPosition located in Lancaster, PA.*Position
would include hours at our 3 locations: Lancaster General Hospital,
Suburban Outpatient Pavilion and Women & Babies Hospital.HOURS:
Fulltime, varied 8 & 10 hour shifts; second call 12:00-8:30.
Approximately 1 holiday per year and 3-4 weekends per year
(Saturday OR Sunday).ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an
external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment
as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the
e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note:
Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their
junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days
of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment,
please click .SUMMARY: Administers general anesthesia and provides
monitored surveillance and clinical management for patients
receiving local or regional anesthesia in the operative or
obstetric setting.-- Works under the medical direction of an
attending Anesthesiologist in providing anesthesia care and
post-operative evaluation for patients in the Operating Room,
Maternity Center, Cardiac Cath Lab, or Emergency Room setting.--
Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups:
neonatal (birth to 30 days), pediatric (30 days through 12 years),
adolescent (13 through 18 years), adult (19 through 64 years) and
geriatric (65 years and above).--FUNCTIONS:
- Prepares for the administration of anesthesia, giving attention
to required clinical inventory, complete checkout of anesthesia
delivery systems (anesthesia machine) and availability of
appropriate physiological monitoring.
- Reviews Anesthesiologist-provided pre-operative evaluations and
assessment of patients by chart review and interview.--
- Confirms assignment of the appropriate physical status to the
patient by the Anesthesiologist.--
- Formulates an anesthesia plan and alternative plan including
the discussion of relevant pathophysiology and pharmacology.--
- Administers anesthesia care (general anesthesia, I.V. sedation,
and clinical surveillance of the local or regional patient) in
accordance with accepted standards of anesthesia care and concern
for patient safety.
- Evaluates the post-operative course of the patient to recognize
complications that may have resulted from anesthesia and alerts
physicians of adverse findings.
- Maintains a clinical record that accurately documents the
course of the anesthetic care (physiological monitor data, blood
and fluid replacement, physiological output, drugs administered,
consultation and untoward events, routine events, etc.).
- Gives a comprehensive and complete report to the Nursing Staff
of P.A.C.U. or Critical Care Unit, which accepts care of patient
immediately following cessation of anesthetic.
- Visits the patient post-operatively, and documents the visit
with a post-operative note, in accordance with Anesthesia
Department policy and J.C.A.H.O. requirements.REQUIREMENTS:
- Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse is
required, issued by the PA State Board of Nursing.
- Must be a graduate of a School of Nurse Anesthesia accredited
by the Council on Accreditation of the American Association of
Nurse Anesthetists (AANA), and eligible to sit for initial
- Must hold a valid certification or re-certification card from
the Council on Re-certification of Nurse Anesthetists of the
American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA).
- Two (2) years of Nurse Anesthetist experience is preferred for
the position preferred.
- One (1) year of Critical Care nursing is preferred.
- Two (2) to three (3) years of training program/clinical
experience is preferred for the position.
Keywords: Lancaster General Health, Lancaster , CRNA - Lancaster, Other , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!