Supervisor, General Stores - LGH Night Shift
Company: Lancaster General Health
Posted on: June 10, 2019
CompanyLancaster General HospitalCost Center2530 General
StoresSupervisory OrganizationPCES/Supply Chain
LogisticsGradeG12SummaryHOURS: Full-Time; 1.0 FTE. Night Shift:
11:00 p.m. - 7:30 a.m. Occasional weekends & holidays.POSITION
SUMMARY: Assumes responsibility for developing and implementing
effective supply management processes for General Stores Services.
Supervises staff and assists system-wide supply coordinators.
Assures routine review of stock, non-stock and special order
supplies to assure availability of clinically appropriate supplies
is accomplished by pursuing cost efficient and effective
practices.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the
ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the
- Supervises daily operations of General Stores staff and
assignments. Work schedule and supervision duties may include
Lancaster General Hospital (LGH), Suburban Pavilion (SP), Women &
Babies Hospital (WBH) responsibility with day, evening or night
shifts.? ?May include supervision of Patient Care Equipment Service
(PCES) and Courier Departments.
- Establishes par levels for inventory supplies and equipment and
assists department managers with non-stock supplies. Reviews daily
replenishment request to assure appropriate product and quantities
are replenished. Establishes replenishment criteria for various
department requirements.?This would include oversight of the
handheld scanners and other equipment used to assist with inventory
management.? Device software updates, training, utilization and
other functions as needed.
- Responsible for coordinating daily deliveries of supplies,
processing of equipment, UPS packages, freight and equipment to LGH
facilities, including SP, WBH and all offsite facilities.
Establishes daily delivery priorities, accommodating urgent demands
for supplies, movement of equipment, etc.?Analyze freight costs,
delivery methods, and opportunities for improvement.
- Proactively manages the warehouse operations, on-site as well
as off-site. Ensures that deliveries are entered into the Material
Management computer system as soon as they are received and that
the product is then warehoused immediately to ensure that the daily
picks of supply orders can be accomplished.
- Participates in the development and implementation of short and
long-range goals regarding inventories for department locations
including cycle counts and periodic inventories. Plans, coordinates
and implements resupply systems as new entities ?????????? come
online. Develops plans/solutions to accommodate areas that are in
need of additional supplies and equipment or temporary storage
space due to construction restraints within their existing areas.
Continually revises storage configurations as areas of the
storeroom are being utilized or assigned to other departments.
- Orients, directs and supervises staff and assists system-wide
supply coordinators. Provides training and tools to all supply
staff members regarding policies, procedures performance of
assigned tasks. Disciplines, Recognizes, and Rewards staff
- Responsible for personnel administration including performance
evaluations, work schedules, time schedules, payroll time recording
process, and policy administration.
- Performs department activities and roles of staff on an
as-needed basis to ensure all functions of the department(s) are
- Consults as needed with clinical staff, nurse managers, and
buyers regarding product issues; standardization opportunities and
service requirements and satisfaction assessment.
- Monitors stock-outs; turn-over rates; product recalls; shelf
life and obsolescence of all inventory stock on hand.
- Ensures departments and storage areas are maintained in a
clean, orderly, safe and secure condition.MINIMUM REQUIRED
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) to five (5) years? experience in warehousing, storage
- Minimum of two (2) years supervisory experience in inventory
and/or purchasing management.
- Current working knowledge of computer-based materials
- Demonstrated experience in a cross-functional team working
- Certification in Healthcare Logistics is preferred.
- Patient care experience is preferred.This position is located
in Lancaster, PA.
Keywords: Lancaster General Health, Lancaster , Supervisor, General Stores - LGH Night Shift, Other , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!