Transporter (Full Time/ Day)
Company: Lancaster General Health
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Summary1.0 FTE, Day Shift 7:00-3:30, Every 3rd Weekend, 1 Summer
and 1 Winter HolidayJob DescriptionPOSITION SUMMARY: To greet,
guide and transport in-patients within the hospital setting for all
departments. Transport equipment and supplies within the hospital
setting. Patient care includes care to patients in the following
age groups: pediatric (0 days through 12 years), adolescent (13
through 18 years), adult (19 through 64 years), and geriatric (65
years and above).ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must
have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to
perform the following duties:
- Performs patient transfer on and off appropriate transport
- Transports scheduled patients to all areas of the hospital.
Retrieves and delivers equipment, patient transporting aids, and
- Completes cleaning tasks utilizing OSHA standards. Performs
maintenance and/or inventory of equipment according to department
- Monitors the condition of wheelchairs and litters and initiates
repair through appropriate communication channels.
- Monitors and maintains transport system including computerized
- Demonstrates computer skills necessary to perform department
- Depending on location may need to reschedule patients and
handle phone calls.
- Documents accurately and timely, according to department
- Reports promptly unusual situations, reactions, effects or
conditions related to patient care to the responsible
- Provides basic comfort, support and safety needs of
- Functions as a patient advocate by resolving patient/family
concerns through appropriate actions.
- Demonstrates proper responses to emergency situations.
- Identifies learning needs and seeks available resources and
- Completes assignments within designated shift.
- Responds promptly to requests for assistance.
- Respects patient rights and maintains strict
- Demonstrates concern and respect for others thoughts and
feelings and handles conflicts in a positive manner.
- Accepts accountability, as an individual and as a team member
for all services provided.SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties
are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position
- Other duties as assigned.JOB REQUIREMENTSMINIMUM REQUIRED
- HS diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Completion of the educational requirements (additional formal
education/training; maximum supervision for initial competency;
high degree associated risk factors; yearly competency evaluation
- CPR Certification required.
- Ability to continually prioritize work responsibilities.
- Ability to work independently and deliver accurate and
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal and communication (verbal
and written) skills when dealing with patients, family members and
staff.Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should
not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It
is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements
essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job
evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The
percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and
should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all
other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at
the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend,
modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must
be able to perform all job functions safely.Benefits At A
Glance:PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following
benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness ClassesDisclaimerPENN MEDICINE LANCASTER
GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to
hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on
qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status,
veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.Search Firm Representatives please
read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not
seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search
firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice,
all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN
MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or
directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General
Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in
place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN
MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the
event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL
HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.PENN
MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, a member of the University of
Pennsylvania Health System (Penn Medicine), is a not-for-profit
health system with a comprehensive network of care encompassing
Lancaster General Hospital (LGH), Women & Babies Hospital and the
Lancaster Rehabilitation Hospital (a partnership with Kindred
Healthcare). We are an Accredited Trauma Center-Level I through the
Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation with 805 Licensed beds. Our
membership in Penn Medicine brings together the strengths of a
world-renowned, not-for-profit academic medical center and a
nationally recognized, not-for-profit community healthcare
system.Outpatient services are provided at the Downtown Outpatient
and Suburban Outpatient Pavilions, along with additional outpatient
centers and Express and Urgent Care locations throughout the
region. Lancaster General Health Physicians is a network of more
than 300 primary-care and specialty physicians, at more than 40
offices throughout the region.
Keywords: Lancaster General Health, Lancaster , Transporter (Full Time/ Day), Other , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!