Company: Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Lines of Responsibility: Chain of command for the individual is
the Database/CDM Manager, NPSC Administrator and NPSC Executive
Salary Range: Salary range commensurate with experience, included
with primary job responsibilities.
Classification: Status of the job as defined by Orthopedic
Associates of Lancaster and North Pointe Surgery Center as a
Non-exempt, full-time position.
Location: Lebanon, PA
The Financial Counselor is responsible for depositing all cash
received to the bank utilized by the surgery center; verifying
patient insurance eligibility and benefits; and communicating
expected patient responsibility to all patients.
1. Promotes the mission, vision, and values of the
2. Verification of all insurance policies for scheduled cases
3. Accurate completion of estimated patient responsibility
4. Communicate estimated responsibility to patients either verbally
or in written form (PRL) based on timing of surgical case
5. Provides patients with information on and assist with
application to Care Credit
6. Provides information to patients on how to set up autopayments
through the Lock Box and Fulton Financial website
7. Ensure authorization and precertification is obtained and
accurately documented in software system for each surgical case
8. Verification and accurate documentation of the patients'
co-payment, deductible, and co-insurance
9. Accurately document patient responsibilities in the software
system at time of initial verification and completion of PRL
10. Reverification of next day's cases to ensure current coverage;
any changes in patient responsibility; confirmation of necessary
11. Takes bank deposit to branch daily
12. Scans all checks received into remote software
13. Provides daily reports to Business Office Manager of all checks
scanned and money deposited
14. Re-deposits returned checks within the allowable timeframe
16. Prepares ABN as necessary and provides it to the Registration
17. Other duties as assigned and necessary
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate:
Due to the CMS rule for healthcare employees, and specifically for
employees of NPSC, OAL Realty, and some employees of OAL, OAL now
has a COVID-19 vaccine mandate in place.
High school diploma or GED required
Prior experience in a medical office setting
Certification/Diploma from a vocational school or business
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Occasional exposure to blood and body fluids, communicable
diseases, chemicals, radiation, and repetitive motions
Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for sedentary
Corrected vision and hearing to within normal range
Travel Requirement: Position requires flexibility to travel between
all North Pointe Surgery Center locations when required and
OAL and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified
individuals based on their status as protected veterans or
individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against
all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category
protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. OAL and its
affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in
employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected
veteran status or disability.
EEO is the Law.
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If
you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our
website or need assistance completing the application process,
please contact the number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact Human Resources at
Keywords: Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster, Lancaster , Financial Counselor, Other , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!