Posted on: May 12, 2022
Caregiving is our Calling
At Amedisys whether we are caring for patients directly or
supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every
team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional,
clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and
families every day.
In home health, you will be a true advocate engaging patients
throughout their coordinated health care journey all while
maintaining autonomy and independence to support their needs.
If you are looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you
can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every
day and purse your goals for the future join our team.
What You Will Do:
Responsible for assessments and treatments of patients with speech
and language disorders, including development, mental, and organic
involvement acco rding to physician's orders.
- Provides services in speech pathology or audiology in
accordance with the physician's Plan of Care. Demonstrates
competency in the skills required by the agency.
- Assists the physi cian in assessing the patient's level of
functioning and the development (and revision, as necessary) of the
Plan of Care by applying appropriate tests for speech, hearing and
- Records and reports the patient's response to trea tment and
any changes in the patient's condition to the physician and/or
Director or designee.
- Instructs and advises the patient, family and other health team
personnel regarding their roles in the speech pathology Plan of
- Recomme nds hearing tests by audiologist when necessary. Checks
- Assesses the patient's communication, oral - motor integrity,
cognitive status, memory and problem solving activities, hearing
and speech fluency and quality.
- Coopera tes and consults with appropriate staff to provide
staff education when requested.
- Evaluates, and regularly re - evaluates, the speech pathology
needs of the patient; initiates, develops, implements and makes
necessary revisions to the patient's Pl an of Care. Assesses the
patient's continual care needs. Includes all problems identified in
the assessment in the Plan of Care or documents rationale for not
- Master's degree with a major in speech pathology or
- Current and unencumbered license to practice speech pathology
specific to that state the employee is assign ed to work by the
- Current Certificate of Clinical Competence ( SLP - CCC )
granted by the American Speech - Language - Hearing Association
- One (1) year of experience in speech pathology preferred.
- Current CPR certification.
- Must be familiar with general use and functions of the
computer, such as, user names and password concepts; internet; e -
mail; navigation of computer desktop, including starting programs,
using files, and windows, effectively use navigation buttons and
tool bars; ability to self - manage online HR services and online
--- Previous clinical experience treating adult and/or geriatric
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we
have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide
and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for
eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (medical, dental,
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and
Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Continuing Education
- Fleet car for eligible employees
Keywords: Amedisys, Lancaster , Speech Pathologist, Other , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!