Hiring Now! Wash Up Operator
Company: Multi-Color Corporation
Posted on: October 6, 2021
is one of the largest and most awarded label companies in the
world, servicing segments such as Home & Personal Care, Food &
Beverage, Wine & Spirits and
Consumer Durables. A true global leader, our state-of-the-art
facilities operate in over 26 countries.
Our 10,000+ employees are
guided by our core values: Integrity, Passion,
Creativity, Perseverance and
Achievement. These values constantly
guide our interactions and decision making at
Join us today!
The Wash Up Operator is responsible for cleaning, organizing and
maintaining specific pressroom related equipment in order to ensure
the pressroom is running smoothly.
- Comply with all company and safety policies and procedures
- Performs a daily safety audit in the parts washing room,
explosion proof room, and the ink storage area and reports findings
to the supervisor.
- Operates and maintains all parts washing equipment.
- Cleans the wash tank and parts washing equipment and changes
the cleaning solutions as necessary.
- Disassembles, cleans, and reassembles all equipment, ink pans,
and parts used in manufacturing.
- Returns all cleaned equipment to the proper locations.
- Looks ahead and expedites required components to orders, at
least one order in advance to eliminate press downtime.Examples
include, but are not limited to, ink pans, pumps, blade assemblies,
- Assists in maintaining proper inventory of pressroom supplies
and equipment as required.
- Cleans aniloxes in the Micro Clean Blast unit.The Micro Clean
Blast unit should be kept running throughout the shift, while other
duties are being performed.
- Performs any cleaning functions necessary and strives to
maintain the cleanliness of the parts washing room, explosion proof
room, and the ink storage room, including refuse removal in those
areas.The tables, sink, and walls in the parts washing room must be
cleaned at the end of every shift.The parts washing room floor must
be wet mopped at the end of every shift. The immediate areas
surrounding the Micro Clean Blast unit must be swept at the end of
every shift.The ink storage room must be swept on a weekly basis
and wet mopped as necessary.
- Empties all rag bins in manufacturing and disposes of the
- Assists the prepress area with removal/installation of drums,
ink/varnish matches, and ink room inventory, as needed.
- Transportation of Hazardous/Non-hazardous waste to the shipping
dock as required.
- Applies Teflon coating to required nips and idlers at the
request of the pressroom.
- Operates all powered lift equipment including tow motors.
- Assists and fills in for the Press Helper as needed.
- Responsible for working overtime when needed and as
- Related duties as assigned
- High school education or equivalent with the ability to perform
basic arithmetic operations.
- Previous machine experience helpful
- Must be safety conscientious.
- Must have Mechanical aptitude.
- Basic working knowledge of a computer base information system.
Ability to input data in the computer
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with others (verbally
and written form); seen as a team player
- Ability correctable to 20/20 (able to pass an eye test)
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs or greater safely and regularly;
additional poundage may be needed with some assistance
- Self-motivated with the ability to stay focused and follow
- Ability to prioritize work and be assertive and
- Ability to withstand routine and repetitive work
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work in a fast-paced
- Positive attitude, team player
This job has been posted by TalentBoost on behalf of
Avangrid. TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental principle of
equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and
current employee. It is the policy of TalentBoost not to
discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin,
ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable
federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Multi-Color Corporation, Lancaster , Hiring Now! Wash Up Operator, Other , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!