Truck Loader – Job Description
Huttig Building Products, Inc., a leading provider of specialty
building products, has an immediate opening for a Night Loader to
join their already successful team. From doors and windows to
decking and stairs, the products that you will be working with will
be used and enjoyed by many people in both residential and
Huttig will provide you with a competitive compensation package and
a comprehensive benefits plan.
If you have experience within a manufacturing/production/assembly
environment, Huttig wants to hear from you!
Duties include verifying, loading materials on outgoing shipments,
and preparing items for shipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
• Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures
items of outgoing shipments to verify information against invoices,
orders, or other records.
• Analyzes shipping notices, invoices, orders, and other records to
determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping
methods required to meet shipping schedules.
• Manages outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy,
completeness, and condition of shipments.
• Determines space requirements and position of shipment trucks and
lays out position of orders to be shipped.
• Determines routing and legal road limits of trucks, according to
established schedules and weight limit of states.
• Inspects loading operations to ensure compliance with shipping
specifications, and seals truck doors.
• Inspects material handling equipment for defects and notifies
maintenance personnel or contacts outside service facility for
repair. Maintains vehicle maintenance report.
• Compiles records of unfilled orders. Posts weight and shipping
charges. Prepares bills of lading.
• Ensures drivers are in compliance with D.O.T. regulations
• Issues written and oral instructions.
• Minimum High School diploma or equivalent. Associate's degree (A.
A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; one to
two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
• Technical expertise and knowledge of company products.
• Familiarity with relevant inventory and manufacturing
• Familiarity with door components and assembly techniques.
• Familiarity with finishing products and techniques.
• Basic analytical, reasoning, and math abilities.
• Basic verbal communication skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS—The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit;
use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms;
and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and
walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception,
and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT—The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical
parts and high, precarious places. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate and requires safety equipment such
as protective eyewear, earplugs and safety shoes etc.
REM-01 WS-01 WS-LC
Shift start: 3:00PM
Shift length: 8 - 10 hours
Monday through Friday 3:00pm - 11:00 pm
- Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 60 days
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan
- Must pass drug screen
- Must pass background check
- Can lift 50 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old
About Huttig Building Products
Huttig, currently in its 135th year of business, is one of the
largest domestic distributors of millwork, building materials and
wood products used principally in new residential construction and
in-home improvement, remodeling and repair work. Huttig distributes
its products through 27 distribution centers serving 41 states.
Huttig’s wholesale distribution centers sell principally to
building materials dealers, national buying groups, home centers
and industrial users, including makers of manufactured homes.