Behavior Consultant (Autism)
Company: New Story Schools
Posted on: September 5, 2021
New Story School is an educational organization
comprised of special education schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia,
Ohio, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning
environment integrated with behavior support services for students
diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our
multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts
and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges
and creating new stories in their lives.
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a
mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a
fast-growing company with excellent benefits, such as 100% company
sponsored employee medical coverage, tuition reimbursement,
generous paid time off, and so much more?
New Story Schools in Reading, PA is
seeking a qualified Behavior Consultant
to join the clinical team for the 2021-2022 school year. The
Behavior Consultant is a lead member of a treatment team and is
responsible for the implementation of therapeutic skills
acquisition and behavior modification protocols. This
position is responsible for the development of individualized
behavior plans, monitoring progress for assigned students, and
delivery of behavioral consultation hours as indicated in the
Individualized Education Plan (IEP).
- Assess initial and ongoing behavioral strengths and needs of
students per school assessment protocols and timelines.
- Utilize non-violent crisis intervention techniques and
- Attend and participate in IEP meetings, multidisciplinary team
meetings, and other meetings.
- Provide, and monitor services as stated in the student’s
- Develop behavior goals for the IEP and Positive Behavior
- Revise and oversee the implementation of student behavior plans
- Conduct a Functional Behavioral Assessment for students, as
needed., under the direction of a BCBA
- Develop system of data collection for staff to support
interventions and change.
- Develop and implement individualized behavior plans which
reflect the individual needs of the student and the dynamics of the
- Analyze FBA & data sheets and develop individualized behavior
intervention plan using data and input from others involved with
- Collect and graph behavior data recorded by school staff for
analysis in Positive Behavior Support Plan effectiveness.
Eligible New Story School Employees will receive:
- Competitive pay and benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account
- Tuition credit program for eligible dependents
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal
opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We
are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our
employees and the students we serve. For more information about
New Story Schools careers and benefits, please
visit our website https://newstoryschools.com/careers
- Masters or better in Psychology or related field
- Student Information System
Keywords: New Story Schools, Lancaster , Behavior Consultant (Autism), Other , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!