Industrial PLC / Instrumentation Specialist
Company: Kellogg Company
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Do you have a spark for tinkering with electrical and mechanical
components? We have an opening in our Lancaster, PA facility for a
PLC Expert / Line Electrician. You will be partnering with
Operations, Quality Food Safety, and Environmental Health and
Safety personnel. Are you passionate, do you love problem-solving;
are you eager to shape a strong future for our company and your
career? We're hoping you can take a new angle on what otherwise
might be ordinary. Feel grounded in knowing we foster creativity.
Let's bring out the Tiger in you!
HERE'S A TASTE OF WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Maintaining Equipment and Amplifying your PLC knowledge - You
will be constantly alternating in between troubleshooting,
preventative maintenance, and on-the-spot machine repair. You will
need a firm focus and understanding of programmable logic
controllers. This person must be creative in their solutions
without being unclear in their documentation.
- Analyzing Conditions and Providing Solutions - Identifying and
examining production equipment failures to understand root cause
analysis, with the help of interpreting schematics and drawings.
Investigating and repairing electrical & mechanical systems such as
pneumatics, drives and hydraulics, and conveyors.
- Prioritizing Innovation and Communication - Actively seeking
ways to improve plant efficiency and cost savings and maintaining
an open dialogue with the lead and supervisor regarding day-to-day
YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
- High School diploma or GED
- 5 years Industrial Maintenance Electrical/ Instrument Repair
experience and/or 3 years Industrial Maintenance Electrical/
Instrument Repair Experience plus a degree from an accredited
institution in an electrical and/or electronics field. An
accredited Industrial Maintenance Electrical apprenticeship is also
acceptable in lieu of the degree
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Experience troubleshooting PLC programs and hardware
- Must have a working knowledge of the National Electric
- Must be able to read and interpret electrical and
electronic/mechanical drawings, prints, schematics, and computer
- Must have demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and repair
electronic and computerized equipment including RS Logix (5, 500,
and 5000), Allen Bradley PLCs, HMI programming, AC/DC drives, motor
control systems, and related equipment and systems
- Must follow all Safety and Food Safety guidelines.
- This position requires regular attendance and punctuality in
accordance with Company policies. Additionally, the ability to
interact well with other employees and work overtime, as necessary,
- Sitting, standing, walking, lifting, and/or repetitive tasks
throughout the day. The employee will be required to occasionally
lift up to 50lbs
- Desired qualifications to include welding, machining, pipe
fitting, processing/packing machinery repair, conveying equipment
and belting, sheet metal work, and the ability to work efficiently
and cohesively in a fast-paced, goal orientated environment.
- Associate's Degree in a technical field or closely related
- 4 years apprenticeship or 8000 hours of practical experience
and training in this area
- General mechanic experience with a related technical
- Previous welding experience
It's best to apply today because job postings can be taken down
and we wouldn't want you to miss this opportunity. To learn more
about what's next, click on one of the links below:
Kellogg Stories and News
THE FINER PRINT
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work
overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the
necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without
reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin,
gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual
orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer
will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if
necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with
information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work
authorization. For additional information, please follow this
Let's create the future of food.
Keywords: Kellogg Company, Lancaster , Industrial PLC / Instrumentation Specialist, Other , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!