Senior Project Accountant
Company: The High Companies
Posted on: June 9, 2021
We are hiring for a Senior Project Accountant to join the High
Real Estate Group! The Senior Project Accountant will operate in a
highly project-oriented role. This opportunity is responsible for
many projects, all of which are in various stages of completion.
This position must track milestones, loan and equity draws,
contracts, etc. Exceptional organizational and detail skills are
You'll also have the opportunity to interact with a variety of
coworkers, project managers, general contractors, banks, asset
managers, property accountants, executive leaders, etc. As such,
you will be the "go-to" person for all levels of management.
Establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with
all parties is critical. Additionally, your ability to stay focused
and on-track, to satisfy the demands of these constituents will be
important. This opportunity requires a highly diligent,
self-directed, organized, industrious, and resourceful team member
ready and eager to contribute in a fast-paced work environment.
- Work closely with project managers to provide financial and
accounting services as needed. This position is an integral part of
the development team, taking ownership of all accounting components
and financial analysis responsibilities as prudent. Knowledge of
retail financial modeling is preferred.
- Prepare and submit timely funding draws to banks, equity
investors, and agencies according to the appropriate procedure with
the applicable entity.
- Create and maintain project accounts in the general ledger
accounting system and project tracking system. Work with IT,
project managers, accounts payable and legal entity accountants to
create systems and automate processes wherever possible.
- Participate in and contribute to all Client Service Team
meetings for projects.
- Assist project managers in developing budget estimates and
forecasted costs. Maintain budget and forecast updates in the
project tracking system. Update cash flow requirements for projects
and advise treasury and legal entity accountants of cash needs for
agreed upon future funding.
- Prepare all required documentation for loan draws, equity
funding requests, and governmental funding requests on a timely
basis to achieve optimum cash flow.
- Review vendor invoices, making sure all necessary supporting
documentation is submitted and work performed is consistent with
contracts and purchase orders, and submit the invoice for project
manager's approval for payment via Nexus or through Accounts
Payable where applicable.
- Investigate and resolve vendor invoice issues with vendor,
accounts payable, or the Project Manager.
- Respond to requests from suppliers, contractors and
- Prepare all project reports for distribution to varied
audiences upon request. Create standard reports to support
automation and accuracy of information. All information should come
from the project accountant so that consistency is achieved.
- Report to management regarding the remaining funding available
- Compile information for internal and external auditors, as
- Maintain project-related records, including contracts and
- Close out project accounts upon completion.
- Communicate regularly with legal entity accountants to ensure
proper accounting treatment of capitalized interest and proper
recording of fixed assets after project completion.
- May serve on and may chair various company committees as
- Promote the interests and favorable image of the High
Companies. Support and sustain the values of the High
- Perform special assignments as directed.
Important Areas of Expertise:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Project
Management, or related field
- 4 years or more of progressive management accounting
experience, part of which may be waived with an advanced
certification (CPA or CMA) and/or MBA
- Demonstrated experience reading and interpreting contracts and
- Working knowledge of PC and standard financial/modeling
software (IE: spreadsheet, database, etc.)
- Strong analytical and good interpersonal and communication
skills are required as well as a high level of confidentiality
Working for The High Companies:
The High Companies is comprised of eleven lines of business, all
falling under the umbrella of the High Real Estate Group and High
Industries. High Real Estate Group is a growing organization
operating within a strategically driven structure designed to
create significant value-added benefit to our clients. We are
committed to innovation, industry leadership, environmental
stewardship, and helping meet the needs of our community.
- Tuition Assistance with 100 percent reimbursement for approved
courses and degree programs which are job related and approved in
advance by your supervisor.
- Employee Assistance Program provides professional, confidential
assistance for any type of personal issue you or your eligible
dependents are experiencing.
- High Family Foundation Scholarship is awarded annually to the
children of High co-workers working at least 1,000 hours per year
and employed for at least two years. Recipients are awarded $4,000
for each year they are enrolled in a two- or four-year accredited
- Good Measure Award is presented periodically to an individual
or team from each of the High companies who exemplifies The High
Philosophy and who has gone above and beyond normal job
responsibilities to provide "Good Measure."
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision
available for full-time coworkers. Vacation is offered to regular
full-time coworkers and is earned annually on your anniversary
date. You may carry over a portion of your hours into the next
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match.
Keywords: The High Companies, Lancaster , Senior Project Accountant, Other , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!