Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Processing Specialist is responsible for preparing plasma
bottle collection for sampling and maintaining stored plasma
inventory for shipment. While displaying exceptional teamwork, the
Processing Specialist is responsible for maintaining communication
with other service areas to ensure quality and complete, accurate
documentation practices. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. If you need accommodation, please notify your immediate
supervisor to begin the interactive process.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepares plasma bottle collection for sampling.
- Collects and processes all donor tubes for testing.
- Prepares donor testing samples for shipment.
- Labels samples and freezes plasma bottles collected for final
packing and shipment.
- Records the weight of products and samples.
- Monitors the temperature of the stored product in freezers and
performs routine maintenance of freezer equipment.
- Maintains stored products by organizing plasma inventory in
- Performs daily, monthly, quarterly equipment maintenance
through cleanings and quality control checks.
- Maintains communication with other service areas to ensure
quality and complete, accurate documentation practices.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum one (1) year of work experience preferred.
For an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions
of this job, they should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Provide a good customer service experience
- Ability to read and interpret directions and instructions
- Accurate data entry
- Perform basic math calculations
- Reasoning ability to identify, interpret and apply appropriate
Physical Requirements of the Job
The physical demands described here represent those that an
employee must meet to successfully perform the essential functions
of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee
is regularly required to:
- Use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach
with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, climb or balance; and
stoop, kneel, or crouch. Frequently is defined as being performed
from 51% - 75% of the duration of the shift.
- Manual dexterity to perform all phases of the position.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time for up to four
(4) hours at a time.
- Ability to lift, tug, pull up to fifty (50) pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here represent
those employee encounters while performing the essential functions
of this job.
- Noise levels are usually moderate. Moderate is described as
- May be exposed to freezing temperatures for short periods of
- Occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens.
The sturdiness of its foundation solidifies every organization.
At ImmunoTek Bio Centers, LLC, our Core Values guide everyday work
and interactions that we have with each other, our donors, and our
customers. Aligning our words and actions by the Core Values allows
the #plasmapeople to breed authenticity. As PLASMA PEOPLE, we
- Passion for people through our relationships with Employees,
Donors, and Patient Recipients.
- Leadership at all levels of the organization by maintaining
integrity in all of our interactions.
- Accountability by proactively taking ownership of our
- Service Excellence through our collective effort to deliver a
positive experience to our donors, customers, vendors, and
- Mutual Respect and kindness by embracing our differences and
fostering an environment of inclusion.
- Ambition by creating and harnessing opportunities. We display
resilience when faced with obstacles.
Keywords: Immunotek, Lancaster , Product Specialist, Other , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!