Area Lead - Total Productive Maintenance
Posted on: May 31, 2021
Area Lead – Total Productive Maintenance
COMPANY: SCHOTT Pharmaceutical Packaging
(Lebanon, PA) is a division of SCHOTT North America and is one of
the most respected suppliers of high quality glass tubing
containers for parenteral products in North America. SCHOTT PPP
offers technological leadership and innovation as well as
outstanding customer care for both local and multi-national
clients, whether it is packaging for liquid, lyophilized or powder
- MS/BS in Engineering with relevant experience (2+
years) in a technical, manufacturing operation producing high
volume products (consumer goods, food or pharma
- HS Diploma with relevant experience (5+ years) in a
technical, manufacturing operation producing high volume products
(consumer goods, food or pharma preferred)
- Demonstrated experience in Total Productive
Maintenance (TPM) environment
- Demonstrated experience of membership/support of
Autonomous Maintenance (AM) and Training & Education (T&E)
pillars of TPM.
- Demonstrated experience operating within a formalized
Continuous Improvement Environment (TPM, Lean Manufacturing AM and
- Exposure to ISO 9001 and 14001 along with
- Demonstrated ability to engage and motivate
- Demonstrated ability to grow and develop
- Basic PC skills/functionality
- Ability and willingness to work traditional business
hours (8am to 5pm) on a 5-day pattern (Mon-Fri) with flexibility
(e.g., OT, Weekends, On-Call) to support 24/7
- Ability and willingness to work in a production floor
setting with moderate noise
- Ability and willingness to work in fast-paced, matrix
SUMMARY / OBJECTIVE: The
Area Lead is an extension of the Autonomous Maintenance (AM) and
Training & Education (T&E) pillars of TPM structure/initiative
and has 24-hr accountability for the business results and
capability of a department (safety; quality; engagement;
productivity). The Area leader is expected
Leverage the TPM related concepts, skills and tools
to drive restoration and improvement in the
Lead the operating teams to complete all operating
Coordinate resource requirements based on production
demands, quality, material, and cost.
Own the safety culture and ensure safety of those in
the area by monitoring and correcting unsafe
Effectively facilitate team meetings, coordinate
communications within the production lines and across all shifts
and among shift leaders. Area leaders give clear and accurate
reports to the department leaders.
Have technical understanding and mastery of
continuous improvement and process control for their
Lead the daily management meetings and is the owner
of the Cleaning, Inspection and Lubrication (CIL) Management System
and skills management for the respective area.
Be a servant leader and adopt the Learn-Do-Teach
Support all shifts within a 24/7
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The
potential duties/responsibilities include (but are not limited
- Collaborate with Process and Reliability leads in
area decision making, direction setting and plan for the
- Leads CIL and Skill building system implementation
and progression for the area.
- Develops the area 90-Day Plans to address losses and
- Provides on-the-floor coaching of equipment owners
across all shifts and attends the planned stop
- Provide Skill Development / Technical Mastery /
Coaching and Training.
- Executes monthly review accountability of Area Master
Plans and results.
- Accountable for following all Quality, Safety and
Company policies, systems and standards.
- Monitor the quality in the production process to
prevent quality failures and ensure compliance with company
policies, GMP's, and government regulations and
- Champion TPM activities, Teams, Safety, and Quality
objectives for their respective area.
- Provide input into performance reviews for
operational team members.
- Develop and/or executes effective training plans to
further develop team members skills and knowledge to achieve proper
execution of training and operating procedures.
- Builds effective relationships with people across
functions at all levels.
- Follow cGMP, ISO guidelines and Company Core Values
(Respect Others, Act Responsibly, Create Value, Drive
Keywords: StarrTrax, Lancaster , Area Lead - Total Productive Maintenance, Other , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!