Posted on: May 31, 2021
You are bilingual in English/Spanish
and computer proficient. You have great people and
TriStarr's client, a social services non-profit in
Lancaster city, is seeking a full-time Administrative
Assistant/Receptionist to join their team.
ADMIN ASSISTANT/RECEPTIONIST JOB
- You will answer incoming phone line in both
English and Spanish, answer questions, provide general
information, redirect to other agencies & programs, and transfer
calls to staff/programs.
- You will cover the front desk window, answer inquires,
assess needs and direct people to appropriate
person/programs/agencies, and notify staff/counselors about the
arrival of appointments/clients.
- You will be the Primary
Administrator for the Board of Directors and CEO/CIO
- You will have timely communications via phone and email
when assisting CEO/CIO with external partners.
- You will process mail daily by
opening, date stamping & distributing to staff mailboxes, & update
- You will process/scan/enter checks into computer daily &
coordinate w/ development team to recognize donations.
- You will perform
miscellaneous administrative duties, i.e.,
preparing correspondence, faxing, filing, copying, proof reading,
and word processing.
- You will schedule common meeting spaces in the main
building, 2nd floor conference room & training
- You will retrieve messages from the
Spanish language voice mail box.
- You will procure office supplies.
- You will support implementation of the
- You will perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
ADMIN ASSISTANT/RECEPTIONIST EXPERIENCE/SKILLS
- Your post-high school training or
experience is preferred.
- You have typewriter and computer keyboard
- You have good English/Spanish
verbal/listening skills & can understand caller's needs &
- You can visually monitor the front door post pandemic
when the building is open to the public.
- Your Word processing, database application,
and general computer experience/training is
- You can work independently.
- You understand confidentiality
expectations as it relates to working with the
- You have sensitivity to clients of various cultures and a
wide range of incomes.
- You have good conflict resolution skills and
the ability to calm people down.
- You can do good work amidst interruptions (ex. This
position may be working on clerical tasks and be interrupted by the
phone or by walk-ins constantly.)
- You have a commitment to empowering
others to solve their own problems.
- You have a conviction about the capacity of people to
grow and change.
- You can establish a respectful
relationship w/ persons served to help them gain skills &
- You can work collaboratively with other personnel and/or
service providers or professionals.
- You have the capacity to maintain a helping role
and to intervene appropriately to meet service
- You can set appropriate professional
WHY THE ADMIN ASSISTANT/RECEPTIONIST
OPPORTUNITY IS PERFECT FOR
You will be helping to strengthen the
Lancaster County community by working for an organization
that gives people the tools and inspiration to meet their housing
and financial challenges. This non-profit has
been recognized for excellence in its
programs and service to clients and the Lancaster
Parking is provided.
*Please note: Candidates must have clean
background and consumer credit checks.
LENGTH OF ASSIGNMENT: Contract to Permanent
PAY RATE: $17/hr.
START DATE: asap, pending interviews
DRESS CODE: Business casual
Keywords: TriStarr, Lancaster , Admin Assistant/Receptionist, Other , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!