Supply Chain Manager
Company: Gage Personnel
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Supply Chain Manager
Location: Lancaster, PA
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the
Global Operations Director, the Supply Chain Manager is responsible
for coordinating the logistics of all aspects of the supply chain
including the development of strategy, raw material and service
sourcing and purchasing, production planning and scheduling,
delivery, logistics and return system. This includes shared
production planning, scheduling, inventory management and shipping
of global products to minimize inventory and freight costs and
maximize product availability.
- Coordinate inventory and product movement to ensure that all
customers receive their orders efficiently and timely, achieving
established OTIF targets.
- Direct the management of raw material, WIP and finished goods
inventories to ensure the lowest inventory carrying costs possible
while maximizing sales opportunities for stocked and
- Define and manage Lancaster demand planning and production
scheduling to achieve efficient production plans and labor
- Jointly manage transaction card production schedules and
inventory with US and UK operations to minimize inventory carrying
and freight costs and ensure product availability.
- Manage high security vault product movement and inventory to
ensure compliance with OpSec best practices and customer security
- Direct the OpSec Distribution Center ensuring on time
deliveries at the lowest cost or per customer specifications.
Ensure monthly and annual inventory cycle counts are accurate and
inaccuracies are quickly identified and corrected.
- Establish, publish and analyze supply chain performance metrics
for all disciplines to identify and implement improvement
- Working with engineering and R&D, direct the sourcing of
raw materials and services, ensuring dual sourcing of critical
- Develop material cost forecasts, standard cost lists and
evaluate monthly performance.
- Negotiate prices and terms with vendors and freight
- Manage the import/export function to ensure strategic
management of freight carrier relationships and legal
- Prepare and review contracts, bids, proposals, and vendor
agreements for legal correctness, price, and acceptability of items
- Negotiate or supervise the negotiation of complex requests for
equipment, supplies, and services from suppliers and
- Direct the preparation and issuance of purchase orders and
- Develop and maintain a system to evaluate vendor quotations
that utilizes appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to
ensure optimum quality, price, delivery, and service from
- Establish a robust vendor evaluation process to continuously
evaluate vendor quality and delivery performance via on-site
audits, score cards and performance metrics.
- Develop employees and maintain critical supply chain strategies
and procedures as part of the Quality Management System and
continuous improvement program, including supply chain processes,
workflows, cycle times, and system flows.
- Actively monitor and identify threats to or opportunities in
the supply chain via industry news, research, press releases,
professional organizations and sales forecasts; develop,
communicate and implement strategies for successful re-design of
supply chain when required. Continue to learn and incorporate
leading world class supply chain practices.
- Participate in the coordination of engineering changes, product
line extensions, or new product launches to ensure orderly and
timely transitions in material or production flow.
- Conduct life cycle analyses to determine the environmental
impacts of products, processes, or systems. Design or implement
supply chains that support environmental policies.
- Design, implement, or oversee product take back or reverse
logistics programs to ensure products are recycled, reused, or
- Evaluate and select information or other technology solutions
to improve tracking and reporting of materials or products’
distribution, storage, or inventory.
- Identify opportunities to reuse or recycle materials to
minimize consumption of new materials, minimize waste, or to
convert wastes to by-products.
- Build robust, sustainable systems using MRP system to
facilitate accurate and timely reporting of operational
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability managing cost performance, supply/demand
forecasting and distribution execution across a variety of product
lines from multiple sources.
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships with
sales, vendors and operations.
- Strong analytic, financial and P&L skills required.
- Superior communication, presentation, and analytic skills.
- Ability to establish credibility across organization, team
building and engaging all levels to ensure effective, efficient
logistics solutions for the varied business units.
- Proven ability to adapt and manage effectively in fast-paced
changing environment while assessing, planning and facilitating
- Ability to travel with some notice.
Keywords: Gage Personnel, Lancaster , Supply Chain Manager, Other , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!