Staff Packaging Equipment Engineer
Posted on: May 3, 2021
- This individual will work closely with other functional areas
to achieve business results and will provide project leadership for
Packaging Equipment Engineering projects (Capex Projects, NPI
Projects, Qualification/Validation) with responsibility for project
determination, project execution and site stakeholder alignment
(Technical Operations, Logistics, Procurement, Production).
- This individual will be a Subject Matter Expert for Packaging
Engineering with experience in equipment installations, validations
and equipment / packaging project startups, experience in packaging
component development will be a plus.
- This individual will use this experience to communicate
potential issues, to direct teams to successful project execution
and to lead troubleshooting in the resolution of packaging related
issues or packaging supply interruptions.
- The Staff Packaging Equipment Engineer will ensure development
and implementation of leading edge packaging equipment technologies
and work to support and/or lead Site Master Planning projects
related to Packaging.
- This individual will drive compliance improvement programs
related to packaging equipment and will work to standardize
packaging operations across packaging sites in line with the JJSC
strategy, to reach "State of the Art" levels. He/she will execute
packaging projects in compliance with government and corporate
guidelines including the documentation development, writing,
gaining cross-functional alignment, and routing for approval.
- The Staff Packaging Equipment Engineer will drive continuous
improvement at site level, through KPIs and Benchmarking as well as
support new product introduction.
- This individual will optimize designs, programs, processes
and/or technical platforms to meet current and future packaging
needs and partner with other departments to achieve timely
resolution of operational deficiencies by leveraging Process
Excellence tools while contributing to foster a culture which
focuses on process robustness.
- This individual will provide technical criteria for new
products, processes, and systems which will support and influence
Senior Management decision-making.
- This individual will analyze on needs/requirements to select
and engage partners and manages their performance (&E firms,
suppliers, consultants, etc.) and will plan and/or verify, and
control projects and/or program costs and schedules.
- The Staff Packaging Equipment Engineer will be integrated
within the site organization driving business results through
project management and understanding packaging aspects from all
perspectives (equipment, components, layouts, material handling,
scheduling strategies, OEE, Information support systems, shop floor
organization, quality systems).
- A minimum of a Bachelor's is required. A focused degree in
Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering is
- An advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years of overall industry experience is
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with a focus on engineering
and production in a manufacturing environment is required.
Experience with qualifying/validating packaging lines in the
pharmaceutical, consumer or OTC industry is preferred.
- Specific experience working in packaging production or
engineering/maintenance is required. An understanding of cGMP and
Good Documentation Practices is preferred.
- A Professional Engineer License is preferred.
- Experience successfully managing projects is required.
Knowledge of Six Sigma/Process Excellence is required. A Six
Sigma/Process Excellence Certification is preferred.
- Excellent leadership skills and the ability to work in a
cross-functional team environment are required. Excellent
communication and presentation skills are required.
- To lead and influence across the organization without direct
line authority is an asset.
- The ability to troubleshoot and manage complexity in ambiguous
situations is required.
- This position will be located in Lancaster, PA and will require
up to 25% domestic and international travel.
Keywords: TechUSA, Lancaster , Staff Packaging Equipment Engineer, Other , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!