Company: Graham Packaging
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Graham Packaging is a leading manufacturer of sustainable
packaging. From the kitchen to the laundry room, Graham Packaging
is part of your everyday life. Theyre the kind of people you want
as your friends and neighbors as well as your partners and
suppliers. By building strong relationships and creating value for
our customers, our employees embody the innovative spirit thats
inherent to Graham. We truly are people building a better
Working across the North
American plant network, the Operations Engineer will work with the
plant operations staff of each assigned plant to drive operations
excellence and assist the plant with reaching its operational
goals, strategies and metrics. Specific focus will be in the
Maintenance & Reliability Execution Element of the Graham Operating
System which includes proactive, preventive, and predictive
maintenance as well as optimizing and replicating best practices.
Active engagement, training and development of the plant Technical
Teams will be critical for success. Position requires a high level
of discipline in the development and execution of key impactful
projects to deliver the required results in the assigned plants.
Use of and development of scope of work, bidding, business case,
time lines and project tracking is critical to the role. This
position reports to the Director of Operations Engineering.
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for one or more of GPCs
- Leads complex projects of critical importance to GPC.
- Participates in significant projects to support technical
- Acts as leader for assigned plant reviews by GPCs
- Works with Teams to shape and develop strategic decisions.
- Utilizes Engineering Fundamentals of design to develop
specification and scope of work documents.
- Prioritize and work
independently on a variety of assignments with minimal
- Works with assigned plants to develop capital spending plans to
exceed the plants AOP commitments.
- Develops scope of work, bid documents, and assembles and
presents business case to GPC leadership for key plant improvement
- Uses project management tools such as A3,
8D, FMEA, MS Excel, MS Project, and action lists to track
successful project execution to project closure including clear
delivery of the project commitments and lessons learned.
projects, including timelines, resources and budgets
- Develops positive working relationships
to effectively coordinate work activities.
- Use strong influencing and
communication skills to understand unique site needs and to
effectively partner in delivering solutions.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written
- Maintains detailed accurate
records and files
- Documents issues and create action plans to
solve issues in a short term and long term
- Work with plant and corporate
support groups to drive improvement projects.
- Work with OEM, and third party equipment vendors
to develop technical solutions to persistent mechanical, quality,
and process issues
- Participate in Maintenance
Standardization efforts across the business units.
equipment and functional location work history data in the SAPPM
system to assess opportunities to increase reliability and reduce
maintenance costs; Predictive Maintenance.
- Assess and execute technical
solutions to improve machine efficiency and effectiveness and/or
- Ensure maintenance managers are
engaged in the PM/PdM process and understand the options available
from the Operations Engineering.
- Create training programs to address
specific needs of individuals and groups in plants.
- Train in one on one and group
environments, both on the floor and in the classroom.
- Coach and mentor plant maintenance
- Acts as mentor and coach to Junior Operations
- Evaluates/validates the impact of
corrective actions that impact availability and/or reliability and
leverages solutions across plants/site if appropriate.
- Use data effectively to track
progress and sustain results.
- Timely filing weekly reports on
engineering charge hours, travel and expenses.
- Travel up to 85% of the time
(international travel as needed)
Education, Skills and/or Work
- BS in Electrical and/or Mechanical Engineering field
- Problem solving and decision making, 8D, A3, RCA,
- Subject Matter Expert in one or more of GPCs critical
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Strong influencing and communication skill
Prior work experience with the
follow equipment is preferred:
Extrusion Blow Molding; Blow
Molders (Wheel), IML, and other automated downstream equipment.
Huskies/Uniloy, Robots, Dryers, Resin Conveying, Blending
Stretch Blow Molding; Single
Stage and Two Stage equipment
Container handling: Conveyors,
Palletizers, Strappers, Wrappers, Bottle Unscramblers
Utilities support systems;
Compressors, Pumps, Chillers, Towers, Water Treatment
Inspection Systems: Vision, Leak
Labeling Systems: PML, Heat
Transfer, Silk Screen
Additionally, all candidates
must possess excellent understanding of industrial safety policies
and practices, a strong working knowledge of statistics and
analytical tools associated with quality systems, and the ability
to write technical documents and create step by step instruction
sets for complex operation
Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation,
religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental
disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status,
veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: Graham Packaging, Lancaster , Operations, Other , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!