Senior Design Engineer
Company: ultra electronics herley
Posted on: January 16, 2020
POSITION: Senior Design Engineer
JOB ID: 260
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Apply for this Position
A diversified individual that has digital design experience for
embedded systems, who will work as part of a team developing
complex products. Candidate shall have knowledge of digital and
analog circuits and have experience using embedded processors,
digital signal processors, FPGA / VHDL, analog to digital
converters, digital to analog converters, digital input/outputs,
serial communications protocols etc. The candidate shall design,
document, debug, and test assigned hardware and software for
new/existing products Experience working with Microwave/RF products
on military programs is strongly desired.
* Develop hardware and VHDL functional requirements based on
specifications or source control drawings.
* Designs, codes, documents, debugs, and tests VHDL modules per
engineering standards and customer specifications to meet
* Experience in developing hardware for embedded systems.
* Works with other design/project engineers to define and implement
* Researches and develops mathematical relationships and software
algorithms to implement required VHDL functions.
* Prepares technical inputs and cost estimates for proposals.
* Reports on project status, as required.
* Travels as necessary to work with customer and other Company
* Maintains/demonstrates proper use of Company equipment and
* Interfaces and maintains effective relations with other functions
* Maintains and improves technical skills through ongoing study
* Performs other technical tasks as required.
* Adheres to Ultra Electronics Code of Conduct and Business Ethics
* Supporting and supervising technicians during the development and
testing of products.
* 10+ years of experience
* Ability to obtain a US Government security clearance. Security
clearances are granted to U.S. citizens.
* Willing to maintain sensitive and confidential information as
required by government standards
* Willing to interact with others to complete assigned tasks
* Experience with MatLab, Logic Analyzers, O-Scopes, and Spectrum
Analyzers is desired
* Working knowledge of Windows, Network Architectures, and TCP/IP
is a plus
* Experience with Hardware and VHDL design for embedded
* Experience developing using DO-254 and/or DO-178 is desired
* Experience with Radar Systems, RF Systems and/or PCM Data
Acquisition Systems is strongly desired
* Office environment, with occansional travel
* Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified. A review of this classification has
excluded the marginal functions of the classification that are
incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties
and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements
and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate
individuals with disabilities to perform this job proficiently. The
requirements in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge,
skills, or abilities.
Herley is an industry leader in the design, manufacture and support
of advanced integrated RF subsystems and components for high
performance Electronic Warfare, Radar and Communications systems
and flight test and instrumentation systems and subsystems.
Ultra Electronics is a UK-based defense, aerospace, cyber security,
energy, and transportation products group. Ultra manages a
portfolio of specialist capabilities, generating highly
differentiated solutions and products by applying electronic,
mechanical, and software technologies in demanding and critical
environments to meet customer needs.
We offer medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance,
health savings accounts, paid time off, and a 401(k) plan with a
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements
of 41 CFR 60 1.4(a), 60 300.5(a) and 60 741.5(a). These regulations
prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on
their status as protected veterans or individuals with
disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals
based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations
require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take
affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
If you need an accommodation for any part of the application
process, please email email@example.com
Keywords: ultra electronics herley, Lancaster , Senior Design Engineer, Other , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!