Technical Support Analyst
Company: Lancaster General Health
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Summary Job Description POSITION SUMMARY: Installs, maintains,
and configures system software to perform in an efficient and
reliable manner. System software includes operating, database, and
communications systems. Performs configuration changes to
accommodate hardware additions and deletions.LOCATION: Lancaster,
PA HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk) Day Shift; On call rotation
with other team members, with occasional weekend/evening work for
upgrades and updates to systems. Some remote work, with onsite as
needed for hardware replacements.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified
individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable
accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Installs software and hardware as needed to provide new or
enhanced functionality required to support vendor's
- Installs updates to existing system software to correct
problems and/or keep system software at a current release level as
required by vendors.
- Administers configuration and tailoring changes necessary so
that system software conforms to the specific requirements of
Lancaster General Health.
- Performs systems software tuning as required to insure that all
aspects of the systems are running at peak performance so as to
provide acceptable response time to end user.
- Identifies and isolates problems in systems software,
correcting errors and/or submitting errors to vendor for
- Tracks utilization of all system resources such as CPU and disk
utilization for use in capacity planning.
- Provides assistance as necessary to vendors that are installing
application software and hardware. This would include insuring that
all required resources are available for the install.
- Provides support to users and operations. Provides support
during non-work hours as part of the department on-call rotation.
Does all necessary operations problem resolution required by users
and operations personnel.
- Monitors systems hardware performance and repairs and/or
reports issues to vendor for resolution.
- Identifies the various skills required for a successful
implementation, completes base measurements for a post
implementation review of benefits that includes a detailed project
implementation plan, charter, objectives, and benefits that is a
mutually agreed upon plan with System Administrator, User
Management, IS Management and Vendor. The project plan to include
the coordination / logistics ordering to ensure appropriate
hardware, software, devices, networks, training and support are
- Provides the following support to achieve desired benefits and
capabilities for the business:
- Serves as a liaison between vendor, IT Technical Services and
User Management on all application implementations, upgrades, and
- Analyzes and creates reports for customers based on user and
business needs via LG business software tools.
- Design /develop training materials, a plan for accomplishing
the training with scoring to derive the readiness of staff.
- Review system function and features, uptime/downtime and ensure
it is performing within expectations and is stable.
- Perform regular ongoing reviews such as post implementation
stability and performance measurements; ensure system is
functioning as expected.
- Other ongoing support processes to include:
- Perform application upgrade planning and budgetary
- Obtains appropriate new hardware and software and coordinates
hardware purchases with IS technical staff and vendor to ensure it
meets current needs and growth.
- Tracks and prioritizes all enhancements and problems, and
ensures system is operating in fashion that meets LG business
goals.SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered
secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Creates and maintains thorough system documentation.
- Takes all appropriate steps to ensures good communication
occurs between users, IS, and management.
- Assists Information Services with software evaluation.
Maintains a good general knowledge of software and hardware
applicable for use at LG Health.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position
- Other duties as assigned. JOB REQUIREMENTS MINIMUM REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration
or Engineering, an Associate's degree with an orientation toward
automation and process improvement or a minimum of one year of
experience utilizing applicable clinical imaging systems and/or
installing, maintaining and configuring computer software
- Knowledge of system software, as needed for system being
supported, to include: UNIX/AIX, ORACLE, MVS, CICS, Microsoft and
- Three (3) years experience in each of the following is required
for the position: Systems problem solving and analysis,
purchasing/developing applications, testing programs/systems,
managing implementations and conversions.
- Two (2) years project management experience that involves
computer software implementations, daily operational support,
review and evaluation of system performance.
- Two (2) years experience providing leadership and direction to
users of computer applications.
- Two (2) years experience developing test plans, training plans,
and IT documentation.Disclaimer: This job description is not
intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of
all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions
associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those
principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for
making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance
standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are
estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent
shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall
be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the
right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole.
Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
#LI-MD1Benefits At A Glance:PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH
offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness ClassesDisclaimerPENN MEDICINE LANCASTER
GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to
hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on
qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status,
veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.Search Firm Representatives please
read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not
seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search
firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice,
all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN
MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or
directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General
Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in
place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN
MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH , and no fee will be paid in the
event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL
HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.LGH Full
Time Posted on 04/25/2022
Keywords: Lancaster General Health, Lancaster , Technical Support Analyst, IT / Software / Systems , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!