Manager of IT Engineering - Azure Cloud Services
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Most people know us for our big yellow trucks. But we're so much
more than that. At Penske we have a 50-plus year history of leading
the transportation and supply-chain industry, delivering
world-class and award-winning technology solutions and the key to
our success is our people.
We are experiencing rapid business growth and have added headcounts
to IT teams across the organization to keep up with this expansion.
Going into Winter 2021/2022, we are hiring immediately for
full-time, long-term roles. At Penske you will ensure our
technology solutions keep our company and our customers moving
What You Will Be Doing:
As a Penske Manager of IT Engineering - Azure Cloud Services you
will lead the Technical Services Azure technical staff through a
diverse range of projects. You will be responsible for the
reliability, performance, recoverability, and security of corporate
systems hosted in Azure cloud, including storage platforms,
enterprise email, directory services and applications related to E3
licensing. You will be keeping Penske updated with the latest
technology and knowledge from the industry and implementing these
changes across the entire organization.
This position must sit out of our IT Development center in Tampa,
FL or our Corporate location in Reading, PA.
- Maintains and recommends information technology strategies,
policies, and procedures
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing
organization systems standards
- Managing a staff, including recruiting, selecting, orienting,
training, coaching, and associate performance. Maintain
responsibility for team results.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources
- Enable faster and smarter business processes and implement
analytics for meaningful insights
- Keep the environment compliant as related to Azure
- Support, troubleshooting, implementation, configuration,
maintenance, performance monitoring and the development of
specialized procedures relating to the use of the Data Center &
Cloud computing environments
- Provide Leadership and daily oversight to the team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer
Engineering or related field required. If no degree, then at least
5 years of information technology experience required
- 3 years' engineering experience in Microsoft Azure, at least 2
of which in a supervisory or team lead function
- Experience with HCI, Citrix, DELL, EMC and NetApp product
- Excellent knowledge of current protocols and standards,
including Active Directory, Group Policies, MS Exchange, SSL/IPSec,
SAN, Virtualization, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery
- Comprehensive understanding of system architecture
- Strong problem solving and communication skills required
- Experience in project management, application design and
integration, and cloud computing
- Expertise in creating, analyzing, and repairing large-scale
- Exceptional knowledge of service and application delivery, as
well as successful service level agreement accomplishments
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting hardware such as servers
and Virtual environments
- Knowledge and understanding of system flow charts
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for the
purpose of creating needs assessments, budgets, and
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure
environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of the job.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading,
Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske
Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global
transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet
of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North
America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's
product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract
maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck
sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain
management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Keywords: Penske, Lancaster , Manager of IT Engineering - Azure Cloud Services, IT / Software / Systems , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!