RN - 8 North General Med/Surg Unit (Full-Time 0.9 FTE, 36 hrs/wk/Day Shift)
Company: Lancaster General Health
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Hours between 07 & 19, EOH, & every third weekend
Hours : Full-Time (0.9 FTE); 72 hrs/2wks; day shift; 7:00am -
7:00pm; combination of 8 & 12 hour shifts; every 3rd Weekend, Every
Registered Nurses at Lancaster General Health collaborate with
their peers and members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team to
provide a comprehensive and high quality approach to patient care.
We often find ourselves rounding with physicians, sharing
assessments and providing recommendations, confident that our
observations and suggestions are received with respect and
consideration. We have a voice and we are instrumental in our
patient care throughout their treatment plan.
We are actively engaged in daily improvement huddles to drive
change in clinical practices and improve patient care and outcomes.
Through our RN clinical ladder program, we find opportunities to
advance our skills, education and leadership; and contribute to our
floor's governing council to encourage shared decision making while
having a positive impact on care quality and the patient
experience. Members of our nursing team are dedicated and
supportive, we create a workplace where RNs can continue to learn,
grow and succeed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability
(with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following
- Incorporates the Lancaster General Health mission, vision and
values into planning patient care.
- Functions as an independent and interdependent member of the
health care team as defined in unit based Plan for Provision of
- Performs patient assessments, focusing on physiologic,
psychological, and cognitive functions. Evaluates progress toward
attainment of outcomes and adapts the plan of care based on
recognized trends and changes. Collects and manages comprehensive
data pertinent to the patient's health or the situation.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnosis or
issues. Formulates age-appropriate and culturally and ethically
sensitive plan of care
- Implements care in a knowledgeable manner and coordinates
patient care across several disciplines and among caregivers.
- Provides leadership to other members of the team by effectively
communicating expected standards of care and encouraging and
supporting team members and their contributions.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and a commitment to our values
of privacy, quality, respect, service and teamwork.
- Assigns, delegates, and supervises other employees and
intervenes as appropriate to assure that the plan of care is
carried out, continuity of care is provided and that established
outcomes are achieved through availability and appropriated
utilization of human, material and financial resources.
- Educates patients about healthy practices and treatment
- Systematically enhances the quality and effectiveness of
nursing practices. Utilizes technology where appropriate.
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and
impact on practice in the planning and delivery of nursing
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary
to the primary duties listed above:
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position
- Manages rapidly changing situations following established
protocols, coordinating and accessing appropriate health team
members and resources, and documenting events.
- Participates in process improvement activities with an emphasis
on increasing continuity in the nurse to patient relationship,
minimizing rework and redundancies; constantly seeks ways to
improve processes, increase efficiency, finds solutions to current
situations or develops new methods and procedures.
- Completes mandatory education and training that includes review
of age-specific needs, caring behaviors, and interpersonal skills
as defined by unit based Plan for Provision of Care.
- Maintains a safe working environment through compliance with
established evidence-based practice policies and procedures and
timely reporting of safety variances.
- Projects pride in their work as exhibited in day-to-day
interactions with staff, coworkers, patients and all those they
come in contact with.
- Seeks experiences and formal and independent learning
activities to maintain and develop clinical and professional skills
- Provides supervision, including guidance, counseling and
mentoring, to targeted peers and subordinates to enhance the
learning experiences and improve the professional practice
environment within the designated work setting.
- Participates in the employee performance process related to
peers and subordinate team members; address employee problems,
complaints, disputes or requests as the first level of supervision;
evaluates their performance post hire.
- Other duties as assigned.
- RN licensure is required, issued by the PA Board of Nursing.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or higher level nursing
degree is required.
- CPR Certification - American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life
Support, formerly Healthcare Provider (AHA Heart Saver courses for
CPR are not accepted).
- If Applicable, New Graduate RNs will be required to complete
the Nurse Residency Program.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare,
Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs,
i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any
other federal or state health insurance program.
Benefits At A Glance:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following
benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity
Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings
will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any
other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE
LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting
unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment
opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by
search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL
HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid
written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed
the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH , and
no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN
MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or
through other means.
LGH Full Time Posted on 02/15/2022
Keywords: Lancaster General Health, Lancaster , RN - 8 North General Med/Surg Unit (Full-Time 0.9 FTE, 36 hrs/wk/Day Shift), Human Resources , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!