Phlebotomy & Customer Service Specialist Suburban Pavilion Lab Testing-3 (Full-Time, Day Shift)
Company: Lancaster General Health
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Summary Job Description POSITION SUMMARY: Provides complete and
accurate patient scheduling, registration, insurance verification,
ordering of tests and coordination of applicable screening,
diagnostic, physician office and outpatient hospital services.
Capable of coordinating and communicating effectively during
increased volumes or with complex patients. This position requires
clinical skills in the following functional areas: phlebotomy, EKG,
holter monitors, point-of-care testing and specimen collection.
Maintains required competency skills.LOCATION: Suburban Outpatient
PavilionHOURS: Full- Time (40 hours a week), Day shift, 8:30am -
5:00pm, Working every 4th Saturday. No Holidays.1,000 SIGN ON BONUS
(External applicants only) ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified
individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable
accommodation) to perform the following duties:Phlebotomy
- Performs venipuncture and capillary specimen collection in an
- Validates patient identity, specimen integrity and maintains
working knowledge of specimen requirements and all clinical
- Documents all stages of specimen collection in required
computer systems including investigating and processing orders,
"receiving" specimens, canceling tests, running collection lists
and producing and using reconciliation reports.
- Maintains clinical skills necessary to perform duty/job.
- Completes cleaning tasks utilizing regulatory standards.
- Performs maintenance and/or inventory of equipment and supplies
according to unit/department standards.Registration
- Performs complete and accurate patient registration including
but not limited to walk in, check-in, and/or scheduled
- Demonstrates ability to successfully adapt and perform during
times of high volumes and/or high patient acuity. Demonstrates
skill to service both inpatient and outpatient, if necessary.
- Supports inbound and outbound calls to or from patients,
guests, or appropriate parties as needed to provide services.
Screens and accurately relays messages using protocols established
for emergent, urgent and non-urgent calls.
- Verifies patient, guarantor, coverage and hospital account
information. Performs required referral/authorization processes and
enters orders for applicable tests.
- Understands insurance company coverage and
referral/authorization requirements of payors. Performs electronic
and manual verification of insurance coverage and understands how
to read and accurately apply electronic insurance responses.
- Prepares and/or releases records or orders in the e-Health
record. Scans all necessary documents into appropriate medical
record. Understands the importance of patient's medical information
that is documented on paper.
- Completes assigned patient scheduling and registration work
queues according to performance standards. Ability to resolve work
queue issues and missing registration items via electronic medical
- Disseminates or discusses information with the patients
regarding co-pays, out of pocket expenses, pre-appointment
preparation, arrival times, etc.
- Understands and supports Point of Service Collections. Performs
all necessary functions needed to collect patient financial
obligations.SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are
considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Additional clinical procedures including but not limited to:
EKG, holter monitors, 24 hr Blood pressure or vital signs.
- Other duties as assigned. JOB REQUIREMENTS MINIMUM REQUIRED
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of educational requirements (additional formal
education/training; maximum supervision for initial competency;
yearly competency evaluation and training).
- CPR certification within 6 months of hire. (Current employees
have until 6/1/2016 to obtain CPR certification).
- One (1) year of clerical, customer service, or administrative
support experience in a highly customer-oriented organization.
- One (1) year experience with basic keyboarding, personal
computer use, and other office setting equipment.PREFERRED
- Previous phlebotomy or registration experience. Training will
be provided upon hire.
- One (1) year of Epic (or equivalent Electronic Medical Record)
experience. Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and
should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated
with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal
job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making
fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards.
The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates,
and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform
all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined
at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend,
modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must
be able to perform all job functions safely. #LI-MD1 #CBBenefits At
A Glance:PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the
following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness ClassesDisclaimerPENN MEDICINE LANCASTER
GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to
hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on
qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status,
veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.Search Firm Representatives please
read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not
seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search
firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice,
all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN
MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or
directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General
Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in
place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN
MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH , and no fee will be paid in the
event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL
HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.CAMPUS
Full Time Posted on 05/09/2022
Keywords: Lancaster General Health, Lancaster , Phlebotomy & Customer Service Specialist Suburban Pavilion Lab Testing-3 (Full-Time, Day Shift), Hospitality & Tourism , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!