Centralized Triage Nurse-Burle Bldng- (40 hours/week, 1st & 2nd shift)
Company: Lancaster General Health
Posted on: November 11, 2019
CompanyLancaster General HospitalCost Center7195 Nursing Admin -
Primary CareSupervisory OrganizationNursing Primary
CareGradeG10Summary40 hours/week. Hours vary Monday-Friday between
7:00 am and 9 pm. Occasional Saturdays between 7 am and 12 pm. No
major holidays or on-call.ATTENTIONIf you are an external
applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of
the hiring process. We will send the assessment to the e-mail
address that you included on your application. Please also check
your junk/spam e-mail folder and complete the assessment within 5
days of receiving it. For more information, please click
https://www.lghealthjobs.org/FAQSPOSITION SUMMARY: This position
will provide support to providers, staff and patients who fall
under the auspices of the LGHP (Lancaster General Health
Physicians) and/or partnering practices. Responsible for the
telephonic/electronic intake, assessment, planning, coordination,
and implementation of standardized protocols relating to patient
symptoms and dispensation of medical advice.? The triage nurse will
assist with triage in the EMR inbasket and nurse telephone line,
nurse case management, collaboration with clinical teams,
clinicians, and other departments as necessary, and provide quality
patient care in compliance with local, state, and federal
regulations and accreditation standards. This patient-centered
position delivers services with focus on customer service and
symptom management.? This nurse works with all primary care
practices to assist with triage duties and related tasks.?ESSENTIAL
FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or
without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Monitors and responds to triage calls in person, through the?
the nurse phone line and/or via an EPIC inbasket.
- Talks directly to patients on the telephone and directs them to
emergency rooms/urgent care centers, dispenses home care advice, or
schedules appointments with health care clinicians during office
- Determines urgency of seeing patient based on brief assessment
and familiarity with patient?s condition and history.
- Uses computerized, evidence-based clinical decision making
- Sends patients with high-risk chief complaints such as chest
pain, abdominal pain, or severe headaches to emergency departments
immediately or arranges for an ambulance.
- Provides appropriate home health advice to patients who do not
need to go directly to the emergency room, and schedules
appointment with provider as necessary.
- Ensures accurate documentation forall conversations and
treatments are recorded in patient?s electronic medical record.
- Arranges appointments for patients who do not need to go to the
emergency room but need to see a physician.? Consults with
clinicians as needed.
- Provides generalized health information as appropriate when
patients have questions, i.e. ?Do I need a flu shot??
- Serves as a clinical resource and professional role model for
other nursing staff.
- Prioritizes work tasks and services and completes them in a
- Assists in medical chart reviews and compiling data for audits
- Maintains accurate, clear and concise progress notes, problem
lists, and medication lists.
- Provides patient education regarding disease processes,
therapies, and healthful behaviors.
- Communicates appropriately and tactfully with all staff,
patients, families, consultants, and community members in
accordance with the Penn Medicine Experience Standards.
- Provides timely response to calls and patient/staff inquiries.
- Participates in staff, planning, in-service, and other meetings
- Current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse, or Registered
Nurse, issued by the PA State Board of Nursing required.
- Healthcare BLS
- Minimum of Three (3) years of clinical experience in direct
patient care, preferably ambulatory care setting
- Current CPR certification
- Strong customer service skills
- Bilingual preferred.
- Computer skills and knowledge of word processing
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an independent
Keywords: Lancaster General Health, Lancaster , Centralized Triage Nurse-Burle Bldng- (40 hours/week, 1st & 2nd shift), Healthcare , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!