Clinical Assistant-Occupational Medicine Suburban Pavilion (40 hours/week, 1st shift)
Company: Lancaster General Health
Posted on: September 13, 2019
CompanyLancaster General HospitalCost Center7275 SOP-Occupational
MedicineSupervisory OrganizationSuburban Pavilion - Occupational
MedicineGradeG06SummaryPenn Medicine Lancaster General Health has
an immediate opening for a skilled Clinical Assistant to support
the Occupational Medicine team!This position is full time, totaling
40 hours per week during operating hours Monday through Friday
7AM-5:30PM.The Clinical Assistant will:
- Perform Substance Abuse Collections, including Breath Alcohol
- Perform Audiograms, Pulmonary Function Tests, EKG's
- Obtain vital signs and perform venipuncture as neededTraining
will be provided for all of the above.Additional functions:
- Order supplies
- Communicate test results to company representatives
- Travel potential: On-site company needs as they ariseThis
position is located in Lancaster, Pa.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified
individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable
accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Greets and shows patients to exam rooms and prepares patient
for visit with provider following established rooming
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient to obtain
pertinent medical information per department protocol. Accurately
documents medical and social history and purpose of visit in the
- Prepares patients for exam by measuring vital signs, such as
pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight and height and
accurately records information in patient chart. ?
- Prepares and assists providers with various procedures, minor
surgeries and other exams as designated by the provider.?
- Performs various tests and procedures upon the request of the
provider including but not limited to hearing tests, EKGs,
breathing treatments, vision screenings, phlebotomy, suture removal
and collecting lab specimens.?
- Performs various front office responsibilities including but
not limited to scheduling, registration, check in, check out and
monitoring work queues.
- Assures exam rooms are adequately supplied and cleaned after
each patient visit. Maintains and cleans medical instruments and
equipment after each procedure.
- Assists with proactive outreach for patients requiring
preventive and chronic disease services.
- Performs care coordination activities among specialists and
transitions of care to obtain all necessary patient
- Assists in coordination of referrals, education and community
- Actively participates in performance improvement initiatives to
improve overall patient experience and quality of care.
- Participates in daily huddles with the provider.
- Provides assistance to patients when entering and exiting the
- Serves as a patient experience advocate by being a positive
influence at all times when interacting with patients, visitors,
and colleagues. Communicates with all patients, visitors, and
colleagues in a professional manner while keeping customer service
a top priority.
- Handles all patient information in a confidential manner
according to Lancaster General Health privacy and confidentiality
policies and procedures.
- Adheres to all Lancaster General Health policies and
procedures.MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A Medical Assistant degree or certificate, certification as a
Certified Nursing Assistant or previous work experience as a
Patient Care Assistant.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- One (1) to two (2) years of clinical experience in a
physician?s office.Disclaimer: This job description is not intended
and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated
with the job.? It is intended to be a reflection of those principal
job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making
fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards.?
The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates,
and should not be considered absolute.? The incumbent shall perform
all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined
at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend,
modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole.? Incumbent must
be able to perform all job functions safely.
Keywords: Lancaster General Health, Lancaster , Clinical Assistant-Occupational Medicine Suburban Pavilion (40 hours/week, 1st shift), Healthcare , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!