Medical Assistant-Diabetes & Endocrinology (full time)
Company: Lancaster General Health
Posted on: June 15, 2019
CompanyLancaster General Medical GrpCost Center61174 Diabetes
Endocrinology SpecialistsSupervisory OrganizationDiabetes and
Endocrinology- Patient CareGradeG07SummaryPenn Medicine Lancaster
General Health has an immediate opening for a full time Medical
ASsistant to support LGHP Diabetes and Endocrinology.The MA/CMA
will provide direct patient care (rooming, vitals, update patient
information in EMR system) and occasional front office support
- This is a full time position, totaling 40 hours per week.
- Monday through Friday, 8AM-5:30PM.
- No weekend/holiday obligations!This position is located in
Lancaster, PA.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have
the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform
the following duties:
- Prepares patient for visit by using appropriate rooming
- Administers injections, as prescribed by provider and in
accordance with practice protocol. Provides gross observations to
the provider or licensed nurse for interpretation as
- Prepares and administers medications as prescribed by the
provider and in accordance with federal and state regulations.
- Prepares and assists providers with various procedures, minor
surgeries and other exams as designated by the provider.--
- Performs Point of Care Testing, including but not limited to
hearing, flu, urine and strep tests.
- Removes sutures and changes dressings on wounds as
- Provides clinical advice by phone/electronic correspondence in
accordance with established triage protocols and relays information
to the patient.-- Consults a provider or licensed nurse with
questions or information that fall outside of the established
- Authorizes prescription refills as directed by the
- Assists in test tracking and monitoring overdue results.
- Assures exam rooms are adequately supplied and cleaned after
each patient visit. Maintains and cleans medical instruments and
equipment after each procedure.
- Assists with proactive outreach for patients requiring
preventive and chronic disease services.
- Performs care coordination activities among specialists and
transitions of care to obtain all necessary patient
- Assists in the coordination of referrals, education and
- Actively participates in performance improvement initiatives to
improve overall patient experience and quality of care.
- Participates in daily huddles with the provider.
- Serves as a patient experience advocate by being a positive
influence at all times when interacting with patients, visitors,
and colleagues. Communicates with all patients, visitors and
colleagues in a professional manner while keeping customer service
a top priority.
- Handles all patient information in a confidential manner
according to Lancaster General Health privacy and confidentiality
policies and procedures.MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or general equivalent (GED) is
- Completion of a Medical Assistant training program or Medical
Assistant Certification from an accredited institution (AAMA, AMT,
NHA, NCCT or NAHTR). If not certified upon hire, certification
required within six (6) months of hire.
- CPR Certification required.
- For Regional Positions only --- Valid driver---s license is
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare,
Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs,
i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any
other federal or state health insurance program.PREFERRED
- One (1) to two (2) years of Medical Assistant experience in a
primary or specialty care physician---s office.Disclaimer: This job
description is not intended and should not be construed to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or
working conditions associated with the job.-- It is intended to be
a reflection of those principal job elements essential for
recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for
establishing performance standards.-- The percentages of time spent
performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered
absolute.-- The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or
be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of
management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this
job in part or in whole.-- Incumbent must be able to perform all
job functions safely.
Keywords: Lancaster General Health, Lancaster , Medical Assistant-Diabetes & Endocrinology (full time), Healthcare , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!