Psychologist I (Part time Neonatology)
Company: The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Req ID: 23511
Employment Status: AP - Active - Regular - Part Time
The Psychologist I provides psychological services to patients throughout the CHOP inpatient and ambulatory enterprise;participates in the educational experience of trainees; establishes plan and initiates professional growth and leadership within the Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, and presents work at the local or regional level. In some settings, the psychologist may have a matrixed reporting relationship to a physician leader outside the Department.
The Department of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences (CDAPBS) is seeking a part time psychologist with Expertise in early childhood assessment to work in Neonatal Follow-Up through the Division of Neonatology. This position will be at Lancaster General Hospital.
* Practices effectively as an independent clinician.
* Responsive to feedback from supervisors and colleagues about clinical practice.
* Provides comprehensive assessment and treatment services to children and families,in inpatient and/or outpatient settings, and communicates with referral sources as indicated
* Perform clinical services at a percent of effort as designated by supervisor.
* Adheres to The Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences productivity standards.
* In settings where patients are scheduled into appointments, presents an EPIC schedule that rolls out, per department guidelines, delineating availability and anticipated vacation and conference time. Schedule must include enough openings to cover productivity expectations plus anticipated late cancellations/no shows.
* Assures that professional practice is in accordance with applicable professional and licensing body standards
* Follows all CHOP and Departmental policies and procedures regarding clinical and administrative activity associated with providing direct patient care
* Collaborates within the Department and with other Department/Division colleagues to assure that patients receive the kind of care required by patient circumstance.
* Responds to requests for consultation and service in a timely manner.
* Participates in The Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences committees
* Works collaboratively with the program s intake coordinators and practice manager to assure there is sufficient scheduling availability and patients are scheduled appropriately
* May provide supervision to trainees (including externs, interns, and/or fellows) within the Department s psychology training programs
* Lectures and provides training to other disciplines (including child psychiatry)
* Participates in activities of the training faculty
* Completes all mandatory education requirements, annual PPD testing, flu vaccine and other vaccinations as per CHOP policy
* Maintain Licensure including completion of required continuing education
* Establishes plans for professional growth with manager * Participates in clinical program development
* Collaborates with internal staff to complete CHOP requirements to include but not limited to Medical Staff Application
* Member and or active participation in a DCAPBS or CHOP Committee
* Presents work locally or regionally; publishes or presents at least one paper /chapter yearly
* Participates in community service
* Participates in ongoing professional practice evaluations as a clinician and peer reviewer
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, REGISTRATIONS
Pennsylvania psychology license and any state in which the job is require
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required Education: Earned Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Psychology from a program accredited by the American/Canadian Psychological Association (APA)
Completed Postdoctoral Training Directly Related To Job Role
APA Or CPA Accredited Internship Training
Completed Post-doctoral Training In Child And Adolescent Focused Psychology Level I 0-7 Years
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, problem solving, decision-making.
* Skill in developing and maintaining effective relationships with medical, and administrative staff,patients and the public.
* Epic training
* Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
* Ability to communicate clearly.
* Ability to accept feedback and incorporate into professional growth and own performance improvement.
* Maintains strictest confidentiality.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146
Keywords: The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Lancaster , Psychologist I (Part time Neonatology), Healthcare , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!