Company: Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Position Description Anesthesiology
- The Department of Anesthesiology at LGH is a large team of 34
physicians, 65 CRNAs and 17 Anesthesia Techs.
- They cover 50 anesthetizing locations daily with the primary
hospitals being the Lancaster General Hospital, a Level 1 trauma
center, and the Women and Babies Hospital in Lancaster.
- Annual case volume is 32,000 anesthetics per year with 750
cardiac surgery cases.
- The large team has been stable and thriving for many years and
was in private practice locally for more than 50 years prior to
joining the LGH team in January of 2020.
- Currently, they are recruiting to add 5 full-time
Anesthesiologists to their team. Other employment options can be
- The Anesthesiology team works primarily in a medically directed
model with 75-80% of cases being involving a CRNA.
- Call is shared equally with 2 Anesthesiologists in-house per
night. At-home call includes cardiac call and 2 on back up
- Anesthesiologists at LGH are extremely well-trained and
qualified comfortable with all types of cases. All surgical
modalities are represented except transplants and complex pediatric
cases. There is a subset of 18 Anesthesiologists who also do
cardiac Anesthesia which are personally administered.
- Teaching opportunities of SRNA s and primary care residents
rotating through anesthesiology are available. Academic
appointments may be pursued through the University of Pennsylvania
Perelman School Of Medicine. Minimum teaching requirements exist.
- Anesthesiologists with any experience level and availability
will be considered with an understanding that there is a preference
to fill and credential by March of 2023.
- Both cardiac and non-cardiac anesthesiologists are being
- An ideal candidate will be interested primarily in being part
of very close-knit team, interested in a long-term practice,
well-trained, professional, and friendly. Ties to or familiarity
with the Lancaster/South Central PA area is also a plus.
- Must be board certified or board eligible
- J1 visas cannot be considered Compensation and Benefits
- Base salary starting at $550K with a $25K variable
- 12 weeks paid time off
- Sign-on bonus and relocation
- Full benefits
Keywords: Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health, Lancaster , Anesthesiologist, Healthcare , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!