Registered Nurse (RN) Perioperative Services (Full-Time/Day Shift)
Company: Lancaster General Health
Posted on: January 21, 2023
SummaryJob DescriptionLOCATION: Women & Babies Hospital/Suburban
Outpatient Pavilion in Lancaster, PAHOURS: 0.8 FTE. Combination of
8, 10, and12 hour shifts to meet the needs of the unit. 1 summer
and 1 winter holiday, weekend/call coverage required. Occasional
rotation to night shift.SIGN ON BONUS!ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without
reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Incorporates the Lancaster General Health mission, vision and
values into planning patient care.
- Functions as an independent and interdependent member of the
health care team as defined in unit based Plan for Provision of
- Performs patient assessments, focusing on physiologic,
psychological, and cognitive functions. Evaluates progress toward
attainment of outcomes and adapts the plan of care based on
recognized trends and changes. Collects and manages comprehensive
data pertinent to the patients health or the situation.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnosis or
issues. Formulates age-appropriate and culturally and ethically
sensitive plan of care
- Implements care in a knowledgeable manner and coordinates
patient care across several disciplines and among caregivers.
- Provides leadership to other members of the team by effectively
communicating expected standards of care and encouraging and
supporting team members and their contributions.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and a commitment to our values
of privacy, quality, respect, service and teamwork.
- Assigns, delegates, and supervises other employees and
intervenes as appropriate to assure that the plan of care is
carried out, continuity of care is provided and that established
outcomes are achieved through availability and appropriated
utilization of human, material and financial resources.
- Educates patients about healthy practices and treatment
- Systematically enhances the quality and effectiveness of
nursing practices. Utilizes technology where appropriate.
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and
impact on practice in the planning and delivery of nursing
services.SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered
secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Manages rapidly changing situations following established
protocols, coordinating and accessing appropriate health team
members and resources, and documenting events.
- Participates in process improvement activities with an emphasis
on increasing continuity in the nurse to patient relationship,
minimizing rework and redundancies; constantly seeks ways to
improve processes, increase efficiency, finds solutions to current
situations or develops new methods and procedures.
- Completes mandatory education and training that includes review
of age-specific needs, caring behaviors, and interpersonal skills
as defined by unit based Plan for Provision of Care.
- Maintains a safe working environment through compliance with
established evidence-based practice policies and procedures and
timely reporting of safety variances.
- Projects pride in their work as exhibited in day-to-day
interactions with staff, coworkers, patients and all those they
come in contact with.
- Seeks experiences and formal and independent learning
activities to maintain and develop clinical and professional skills
- Provides supervision, including guidance, counseling and
mentoring, to targeted peers and subordinates to enhance the
learning experiences and improve the professional practice
environment within the designated work setting.
- Participates in the employee performance process related to
peers and subordinate team members; address employee problems,
complaints, disputes or requests as the first level of supervision;
evaluates their performance post hire.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position
- Other duties as assigned.MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Current RN licensure is required, issued by the PA Board of
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred. If non-BSN,
must complete BSN or higher nursing degree within 2 years of RN
- If applicable , New Graduate RNs will be required to
successfully complete the Nurse Residency Program.
- CPR Certification - American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare,
Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs,
i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any
other federal or state health insurance program.Disclaimer: This
job description is not intended and should not be construed to be
an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or
working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a
reflection of those principal job elements essential for
recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for
establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent
performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered
absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be
cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of
management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this
job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job
functions safely.#LI-MD1#CBBenefits At A Glance:PENN MEDICINE
LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness ClassesDisclaimerPENN MEDICINE LANCASTER
GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to
hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on
qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status,
veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.Search Firm Representatives please
read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not
seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search
firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice,
all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN
MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or
directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General
Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in
place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN
MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the
event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL
HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.PENN
MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, a member of the University of
Pennsylvania Health System (Penn Medicine), is a not-for-profit
health system with a comprehensive network of care encompassing
Lancaster General Hospital (LGH), Women & Babies Hospital and the
Lancaster Rehabilitation Hospital (a partnership with Kindred
Healthcare). We are an Accredited Trauma Center-Level I through the
Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation with 805 Licensed beds. Our
membership in Penn Medicine brings together the strengths of a
world-renowned, not-for-profit academic medical center and a
nationally recognized, not-for-profit community healthcare
system.Outpatient services are provided at the Downtown Outpatient
and Suburban Outpatient Pavilions, along with additional outpatient
centers and Express and Urgent Care locations throughout the
region. Lancaster General Health Physicians is a network of more
than 300 primary-care and specialty physicians, at more than 40
offices throughout the region.
Keywords: Lancaster General Health, Lancaster , Registered Nurse (RN) Perioperative Services (Full-Time/Day Shift), Healthcare , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!