Registered Nurse, Full Time
Company: Amedisys, Inc.
Posted on: November 19, 2022
*Required** Current and unencumbered license to practice as a
Registered Nurse specific to that state the employee is assigned to
work for the company. a. Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) documents
the following: The mutual recognition model of nurse licensure
allows a nurse to have one license (in his or her state of
residency) and to practice in other states (both physical and
electronic), subject to each state's practice law and regulation.
Nurses must legally reside in an NLC state to be eligible to have a
* Current CPR certification.
* One (1+) year of clinical experience as a Registered Nurse (RN).
If less than 1 year clinical experience as a RN, candidate must be
approved by VP Clinical.\*
* Demonstrated knowledge of the appropriate skills for
communicating with individuals of all ages. Excellent interpersonal
skills including verbal and written communication skills.
* Demonstrates knowledge of Federal/State rules and regulations,
ACHC standards, and other regulatory requirements.
* Valid Driver's License.
* Reliable transportation and agency required liability insurance.
8. Must be familiar with general use and functions of the computer,
such as, user names, password concepts, internet, email, navigation
of computer desktop, including starting programs, using files, and
windows, effective use of navigation buttons and tool bars, ability
to self-manage online HR services and online training programs.
*What You Will Do* Provides, coordinates and directs the provision
of home health nursing services and case management processes
according to the assigned patient's individualized plan of care
based on agency policies and procedures, through the competent
application of nursing process. * Demonstrates knowledge of home
care and competency in discipline specific patient care skills,
required by the care center for the provision of patient care.
* Performs patient comprehensive assessments and collaborates with
patient multi-disciplinary care team (PT, OT, ST, MSW, and
paraprofessionals) and other health care professionals to
develop/modify and implement an individualized patient plan of care
as per physician orders that ensures quality, proper discharge
planning and achieves desired outcomes and goals.
* Implements appropriate nursing clinical programs and initiatives
to achieve desired outcomes.
* Provides clinical episode management according to Amedisys'
processes including oversight of patient's individualized plan of
care and care plan changes as deemed necessary by patient's status
or physician's ordered care.
* Utilizes a combination of agency resources and nationally
recognized standards of practice to deliver high quality care and
achieve excellent patient specific outcomes.
* Makes referrals to other disciplines as indicated by the
patient's identified needs or documents rationale for not doing
* Promotes and maintains patient health and independence through
teaching and appropriate rehabilitative measures, assisting
patients in learning appropriate self-care techniques. Advocates
and ensures patient participation in care planning and goals of
* Supervises caseload including LPN's and Home Health Aides.
Facilitates care coordination with PRN staff when care is provided
* Completes documentation timely, accurately, and at the point of
care, according to industry standards, conventions and guidelines,
including OASIS assessments, SOC/Admissions, Recertifications,
ABNs, subsequent visits, physician orders, care coordination
* Helps to achieve and maintain continuity of patient care by
communicating information (for example, changes in plan of care,
new orders, lab results, etc.) timely, effectively and
systematically with all team members providing care for the patient
including PT, OT, ST, MSW, paraprofessionals, physicians, family
members and community resources. Facilitates interdisciplinary
communication and follow up through care coordination on assigned
caseload for duration that patients are on service.
* Participates in Team/Case Conferences. Leads discussion on
multidisciplinary cases as appropriate.
* Maintains ongoing communication with clinical manager regarding
progress of patients for assigned caseload.
* Remains knowledgeable of organization's quality improvement
programs, participates in agency performance improvement
initiatives and incorporates into patient care planning as
* Demonstrates competency in skills for required patient care.
Initiates, plans and provides staff education, and performs
competency and skills validation for care team staff, such as
LPN's, HHA's and RN visit staff.
* Utilizes a combination of care center resources and recognizes
standards of practice to achieve positive clinical and training
* Utilizes accepted Amedisys teaching materials for clinician and
* Performs on-call responsibilities and on-call services to
patients/families as assigned.
* Monitors assigned cases to ensure compliance with requirements of
* Protects, honors, and respects patient and co-worker
confidentiality and right to privacy.
* Stays informed of industry knowledge and nursing best practice
* Participates in clinical development and continuing education
* Performs other duties, as assigned. *Caregiving is our Calling*
At Amedisys whether we're caring for patients directly or
supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every
team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional,
clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and
families every day. In home health, you'll be a true advocate
engaging patients throughout their coordinated health care journey
all while maintaining autonomy and independence to support their
needs. If you're looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where
you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference
every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team. Job
Type: Full-time Benefits:
* 401(k) matching
* Continuing education credits
* Dental insurance
* Disability insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Employee discount
* Flexible schedule
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* Travel reimbursement
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* Home Health
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday Ability to commute/relocate:
* Lancaster, PA 17602: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required) Education:
* Bachelor's (Preferred) Experience:
* RN: 1 year (Required)
* Home Health: 1 year (Preferred) License/Certification:
* CPR Certification (Required)
* RN (Required) Work Location: One location
Keywords: Amedisys, Inc., Lancaster , Registered Nurse, Full Time, Healthcare , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!