Milieu Coordinator - Lancaster Child/Adolescent Day Hospital
Company: WellSpan Health
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Full-time, Days, 7:30am-3:30pmJob Description:Under general
supervisor, works collaboratively with case counselors, therapists,
nurses and psychiatrists to facilitate, organize, and implement a
stable milieu structure and smooth operation of the unit; ensures
the safety of clients, visitors, and staff; provides therapeutic
interventions in accordance with individual patient treatment plans
and hospital policies; performs a variety of client care, case
management and administrative functions; and completes details of
the discharge plan and makes modifications in order to facilitate
the successful discharge of clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in developing and executing individual treatment plans
- Manages behavioral crises under the direction of the director
and program psychiatrist, including 1:1 observation, redirection,
physical restraint and team crisis intervention.
- Establishes and maintains positive, therapeutic relationships
- Maintains an awareness of significant client history, present
status, and any precautions in effect. Collaborates with other
staff to provide input into treatment plans for individual clients.
- Demonstrates collaboration and teamwork in maintaining a
structured and safe milieu, and assists with milieu programming
such as providing direct care to residents as needed.
- Assists clients with activities of daily living.
- Performs secretarial/receptionist duties for the program
including filing, copying, faxing, scheduling appointments,
answering phones and reviewing and preparing client reports and
data. This also includes coordination and completion of any written
communication and assistance in carrying out the treatment plans
- Oversees the physical management of the program and recognizes
changes and unsafe conditions in the milieu. Collaborates with
treatment team staff to implement prompt, therapeutic
- Effectively utilizes leadership/teaching/counseling techniques
to gain cooperation and to motivate program participants.
- Maintains on-going professional relationships with personnel
from schools, public agencies, and mental health and drug and
alcohol treatment facilities.
- Observes patient's appetite and promotes healthy nutrition and
- Assists with admission paperwork such as releases of
information and chart preparation.
- Assists hospital staff in operation and management of the
milieu as well as performing assignments, activities, and tasks.
- Conducts clinical interventions according to established
- Provides transportation in a WellSpan Philhaven vehicle to and
from the program for clients that meet requirements and are in need
- Minimum Experience:
- 1 - 2 years
- Minimum Education:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum Field Of Expertise:
- Behavioral/mental health, social science
- Preferred Experience:
- Preferred Experience: One to two years' progressive experience
in an office setting
- Excellent human relations and oral/written communication
skills; teaching ability; customer service awareness and ability;
visual and cognitive ability to read and write; analytical skills;
initiative and leadership skills; Knowledge of and ability in the
care and handling of clients in a specific age group.
- Must possess a valid driver's license in the current state of
residence. Driving record must meet requirements established by
WellSpan Risk Management.
Keywords: WellSpan Health, Lancaster , Milieu Coordinator - Lancaster Child/Adolescent Day Hospital, Healthcare , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!