RN General Med/Surg (Full time, All Shifts)
Company: Lancaster General Health
Posted on: June 18, 2022
HOURS: Full-time Day (7:00am-7:00pm), Evening (3:00pm-3:00am) and
Night (7:00pm-7:00am), Every third weekend, Every other holiday
POSITION SUMMARY: Assume responsibility and accountability as
defined by the American Nurses Association standards of nursing
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability
(with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following
- Incorporates the Lancaster General Health mission, vision and
values into planning patient care.
- Functions as an independent and interdependent member of the
health care team as defined in unit based Plan for Provision of
- Performs patient assessments, focusing on physiologic,
psychological, and cognitive functions. Evaluates progress toward
attainment of outcomes and adapts the plan of care based on
recognized trends and changes. Collects and manages comprehensive
data pertinent to the patient's health or the situation.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnosis or
issues. Formulates age-appropriate and culturally and ethically
sensitive plan of care
- Implements care in a knowledgeable manner and coordinates
patient care across several disciplines and among caregivers.
- Provides leadership to other members of the team by effectively
communicating expected standards of care and encouraging and
supporting team members and their contributions.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and a commitment to our values
of privacy, quality, respect, service and teamwork.
- Assigns, delegates, and supervises other employees and
intervenes as appropriate to assure that the plan of care is
carried out, continuity of care is provided and that established
outcomes are achieved through availability and appropriated
utilization of human, material and financial resources.
- Educates patients about healthy practices and treatment
- Systematically enhances the quality and effectiveness of
nursing practices. Utilizes technology where appropriate.
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and
impact on practice in the planning and delivery of nursing
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- RN licensure is required, issued by the PA Board of Nursing
- As outlined in unit based Plan for Provision of Care
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be
construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills,
efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is
intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements
essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job
evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The
percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and
should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all
other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at
the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend,
modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must
be able to perform all job functions safely.
Benefits At A Glance:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following
benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity
Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings
will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any
other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE
LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting
unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment
opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by
search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL
HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid
written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed
the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH , and
no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN
MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or
through other means.
Full Time Posted on 03/17/2022
Keywords: Lancaster General Health, Lancaster , RN General Med/Surg (Full time, All Shifts), Healthcare , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!