RN - Surgical Services Ortho OR (Part-Time 0.5/Day Shift)
Company: Lancaster General Health
Posted on: May 14, 2022
SummaryPart-time 0.5 FTE (40 hrs/2 wks); day shift; hours
0700-1730; 10 hour shifts; every 3rd WE with call. Job Description
Hours: Part-time 0.5 FTE (40 hrs/2 wks); day shift; hours
0700-1730; 10 hour shifts; every 3rd WE with call.* Thirty minute
response time is required. ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you
are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online
assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be
sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application.
Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail
in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within
5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the
assessment, please click HERE .SUMMARY: Lancaster General
Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking a Registered Nurse for
Surgical Services in our Ortho OR. The RN assumes responsibility
and accountability as defined by the American Nurses Association
standards of nursing practice.PRIMARY FUNCTIONS:
- Incorporates the LGHealth/Penn Medicine mission, vision and
values into planning patient care.
- Functions as an independent and interdependent member of the
health care team as defined in unit based Plan for Provision of
- Performs patient assessments, focusing on physiologic,
psychological, and cognitive functions. Evaluates progress toward
attainment of outcomes and adapts the plan of care based on
recognized trends and changes. Collects and manages comprehensive
data pertinent to the patient's health or the situation.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnosis or
issues. Formulates age-appropriate and culturally and ethically
sensitive plan of care
- Implements care in a knowledgeable manner and coordinates
patient care across several disciplines and among caregivers.
- Provides leadership to other members of the team by effectively
communicating expected standards of care and encouraging and
supporting team members and their contributions.
- Educates patients about healthy practices and treatment
- RN licensure is required, issued by the PA Board of Nursing.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred. If this is a
Magnet designated RN position, BSN will be required within 3 years
of RN hire date.
- CPR Certification required.
- New RN graduates and RNs with less than 1 year nursing
experience in an acute care setting will be required to complete
the "Nurse Residency Program."All other new RN hires will be
reviewed on a case by case basis by the Nurse Residency Oversight
Committee, to determine if they would be required to complete the
Nurse Residency Program.
- The Nurse Residency Program must be completed within 1 year of
starting the program.This position requires a Professional
License/Certification. This position requires PA Child Abuse and
FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.Benefits At A Glance:PENN MEDICINE
LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness ClassesDisclaimerPENN MEDICINE LANCASTER
GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to
hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on
qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status,
veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.Search Firm Representatives please
read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not
seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search
firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice,
all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN
MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or
directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General
Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in
place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN
MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH , and no fee will be paid in the
event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL
HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.LGH Part
Time Posted on 02/10/2022
Keywords: Lancaster General Health, Lancaster , RN - Surgical Services Ortho OR (Part-Time 0.5/Day Shift), Healthcare , Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!